• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

McGyver

Energetic
don't go to Thailand with a banana!
This gives me an idea...
I take a truckload of bananas there and convince those monkeys I’m their king...
I already speak monkey, I’ve got the outfit, bananas are cheap and I’ve been looking for replacement minion for a while.
I‘m not sure how get them back here... but these sorta details usually just work themselves out on the fly.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I guess as long as you have supply of food, essentials and any required medication most people here should cope with some self isolation. 3D art can be both a social and solitary past time so if the we do have the restrict going out we had some sort of fallback.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Got the idea from a meme on FB.

preppers.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, they not only shut down schools and restaurants, but now they've ordered other public places, like gyms, to shut down. For how long, I have no idea. I'll be calling mine tomorrow to make sure our memberships are on hold.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Washington state has the standard closures at this point, restaurants, bars, recreational and entertainment facilities. Oh and schools.

My son and I were messaging about what life is going to be like after this blows over. Restaurants and movie theatres that have a small profit margin will probably shut down permenantly.

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Here in the UK the government is stepping up that action but trying to do it with the softly, softly approach. The advice is that anyone over seventy and any one with underlying health problems that are serious enough for the normal medical advice is to have the flu jab every year they should self isolate, the suggestion is that this advice will last a least for 10 the 14 weeks. Sadly as I have type 2 diabetes with some complications that includes me. Reading the advice in detail that keeps me indoors with the exception I can go for walks as long as I keep a distance of 2 meters between me and anyone I meet. To be honest I am not too bothered about it, although I will need to get a longer lead if I am taking the dog on a walk because so many people like to stroke him. I have plenty to do indoors and I can exercise at home as well while shopping might be an issue.

For the wider public the advice is to avoid groups of people, something they are calling social distancing, but the size of that groups depends on who is doing the advising the range of 50 to less than 10 seems to cover most advice. Further advice suggests not to go to pubs, restaurants or theaters which leaves their owners in a real limbo as they have not been told to shut but if people take the advice they will have no customers.

At present all of this is advisory but if people do not take the advice I expect it appears to be mandatory. According to our news here that is what happen in France as they gave similar advice but it appears the government were concerned at the numbers of people ignoring the advice over the weekend and now there is a mandatory lock down. Whether that is the case I cannot say but that is what has been widely reported here. So far I have to say most seem to be heeding the advice with most places but supermarkets pretty empty. Most the people I know that work are working from home, some because they has been a confirmed case of the virus in their workplace but many just as a precaution.

I guess the real concern I have is the impact that this will have on the elderly that either live alone or have restricted movement. Panic buying has wiped the shelves here of toilet roll, soap, hand wash, eggs and most over the counter painkillers. The supermarkets have had to respond buy refusing to sell any customer more then three or four of any given item. I totally understand that but if you are trying to buy for a number of elderly people because that cannot shop it adds to the complications. Of course it is really only the well off that are creating that problem as, if your are struggling to buy food, there is no change you can spend a weeks food budget on toilet rolls.

At the end of the day if we calm down a look after ourselves and others we will get through this, sadly I am not sure enough of our population has the social awareness and concern for this to happen. I really do hope I am proved wrong but the 'look after me a stuff everyone else' attitude seems fairly strong at present. Of of course all this ignores the financial impact we are going to have to deal with.

Here in the UK the government is stepping up that action but trying to do it with the softly, softly approach. The advice is that anyone over seventy and any one with underlying health problems that are serious enough for the normal medical advice is to have the flu jab every year they should self isolate, the suggestion is that this advice will last a least for 10 the 14 weeks. Sadly as I have type 2 diabetes with some complications that includes me. Reading the advice in detail that keeps me indoors with the exception I can go for walks as long as I keep a distance of 2 meters between me and anyone I meet. To be honest I am not too bothered about it, although I will need to get a longer lead if I am taking the dog on a walk because so many people like to stroke him. I have plenty to do indoors and I can exercise at home as well while shopping might be an issue.

For the wider public the advice is to avoid groups of people, something they are calling social distancing, but the size of that groups depends on who is doing the advising the range of 50 to less than 10 seems to cover most advice. Further advice suggests not to go to pubs, restaurants or theaters which leaves their owners in a real limbo as they have not been told to shut but if people take the advice they will have no customers.

At present all of this is advisory but if people do not take the advice I expect it appears to be mandatory. According to our news here that is what happen in France as they gave similar advice but it appears the government were concerned at the numbers of people ignoring the advice over the weekend and now there is a mandatory lock down. Whether that is the case I cannot say but that is what has been widely reported here. So far I have to say most seem to be heeding the advice with most places but supermarkets pretty empty. Most the people I know that work are working from home, some because they has been a confirmed case of the virus in their workplace but many just as a precaution.

I guess the real concern I have is the impact that this will have on the elderly that either live alone or have restricted movement. Panic buying has wiped the shelves here of toilet roll, soap, hand wash, eggs and most over the counter painkillers. The supermarkets have had to respond buy refusing to sell any customer more then three or four of any given item. I totally understand that but if you are trying to buy for a number of elderly people because that cannot shop it adds to the complications. Of course it is really only the well off that are creating that problem as, if your are struggling to buy food, there is no change you can spend a weeks food budget on toilet rolls.

At the end of the day if we calm down a look after ourselves and others we will get through this, sadly I am not sure enough of our population has the social awareness and concern for this to happen. I really do hope I am proved wrong but the 'look after me a stuff everyone else' attitude seems fairly strong at present. Of of course all this ignores the financial impact we are going to have to deal with.

I think this is the general advice everywhere.
Germany announced Monday afternoon new measures which include non-essential businesses and shops to shut down, plus a blanket ban on gatherings in clubs, sports and leisure facilities, adult education centres and places of worship (churches, mosques, synagogues) and holiday travel will be halted/banned. Schools and kindergartens are already closed while playgrounds, outdoor recreation centers, zoos, parks, etc will be shut down or closed sometime this week.

Supermarkets, pharmacies, petrol stations, banks, post offices, delivery services, drycleaners, optometrists, hairdressers will remain open, even longer than normally and also on Sundays as of now. Usually some restrictions in number of visitors, especially for smaller shops (mostly voluntary right now).

Visit regulations for hospitals, rehabilitation facilities and nursing homes, a general entry ban in hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities, kindergartens, schools and universities for people who have stayed in risk areas.

Restriction on opening hours for restaurants and cafeterias, plus new requirements to minimize the risk of the spread of coronavirus,eg regulating the distance between tables and the number of visitors. (some shops shut down their sitting areas voluntary)

Border controls between Germany and Austria, France, Luxemberg and Switzerland; plus the EU is trying to close all borders for 30 days.

And of course, social distancing.

And if that doesn't work to minimize the risk, pretty sure we end up on lockdown like France.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
went to the three largest suppliers for food and essentials in my area last evening .. nada... nothing... empty

except for full shelves of packets of dried Mango slices... :inverted: :oops:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My local supermarket is doing it's best to keep stocking the shelves. Unfortunately, they're not getting ALL the shelves restocked, so didn't get a couple of things I wanted today, but did get the rest.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
my son last week was offered a new job ( assistant General Manager in a large Club ) which he accepted and so put his resignation in for his current job.

Now this week, because of the current climate the job no longer exists and he has no job! :oops:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We're officially telecommuting from home now until further notice. I called in sick with a migraine Monday, and then arranged to be able to telecommute Tuesday on because I didn't feel well. It's just as likely to be the changing weather, the dry heat inside, a lack of sleep, or stress as much as it could be a slight cold or flu. But, I didn't feel comfortable risking being contagious ... or encountering someone who was contagious. Thing is ... my coworker has similar symptoms, but his aren't as mild as mine have been.

Fortunately, the City of Philadelphia came to their senses today ... and non essential staff are no longer required to come into work. Those with the ability to telecommute will work from home. Those who are not able to work from home will record their time as emergency closure rather than being required to use leave time. That's more than fair.

It's all well and good to be in your 20s or 30s and to dismiss the warnings. But since I'm closer to 70 than 60, I'd far rather be overly cautious. Then too ... I'm happiest when I can be a hermit. So, Tsuki and I are in for the duration.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
mm.. I wish he had told me of the offer when it happened as I would of suggested he not take it just yet... but living 600km away makes it hard at times.
He has a wife, baby & mortgage to deal with as well... tough learning times for the younger ones!