• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Over here in Australia we keep hearing about building up Herd Immunity to this virus. That's one reason our Prime Minister delayed shut down for so long (which is a whole other story)

This herd immunity story I hear here in Europe very often too. Well, I had this virus and lucky for me , it goes out well. But I would never participate in any "herd immunity" experiment. We know currently not so much about this virus and how long people stay immune? What If I catch it a second time and get really very sick ,because my immune system is now weaker? Who can give me the guarantee ?

Here in France the gouv. tighten again the restriction, which now I find personally to hard ( and not only me) . Only 1 hour per day outside for sport or dog walking in a radius from just 1 km. Always have a special paper with you where you describe what you do, (shopping, sport, dog walking etc..)

I really think this goes to far and the harm which this will do is more than Covid-19 could ever do. What is with depressive people, people with Diabetes who has to walk each day . People with big dogs like we have? We have a garden yes, but try to lock up 2 big dogs for weeks in a garden .
They already become unhappy, because they miss their daily big walks.

We live now in a very rural area. Saint-Benoit-sur Loire. Little town. But we even live outside of it ,3.5 km in the farmlands. I can walk here 10 -15 km and meet not one soul. Only the farmer on their tractors ,far away in the fields. Why should I stay in a radius from 1 km only? Makes no sense to me, because yesterday when I go in the village to buy Baguettes, I meet more than 20 people there.
Did the Virus did not infect in a radius under 1 km? Only after 1?

We have to take this Virus serious, but also have to take care that the medicine is not more deadly than the virus by his own.

I take care when I go out. Wear gloves and mask in the store, keep distance and wash my hands very, very often. Before the virus too, but now double more often.
I understand also that the gouv. has to take actions, but this now, is just taking away completely the freedom from the people.

Hornet3d

Wise
The recommendation here in the UK is that you can only go out to get food, medication, to care for the elderly and at risk people and once a day for exercise. The exercise should be done alone or with a member of the same household so that allows us to walk the dog and not break the rules. The overriding rule is you stay at least two meters from anyone else. We live on the outskirts of a large town but it it easy to walk for an hour or so and not really meet anyone else. Most of the supermarkets here are only allowing a few people in at a time which gives the customers the ability to shop and still keep their 2 meters distance. I hope people respect this as I think this is preferable to having to have pieces of paper describing what you are doing.

In the main I support the government but they are creating some confusion in that they have closed all but non-essential shops and businesses but allowed construction sites to continue to work normally. If they were building hospitals I could understand it but not if it is a 500 room hotel which is not due for completion until the end of the year at the earliest, just where is the urgency in that.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d
We have to print out a special form, which we have to fill out for each "to do". With where you live, your name, birthday and the exact time stamp when you leave the house. In my area, I could theoretically walk for 2-3 hours without to meet anybody, practically, I could now meet the police which is patrolling and pay a ticket from 1500-3700 € when I am more than 1 km away from my house. When they catch me more often, they have any rights to lock me up. Now this is extended for 4 more weeks.
Almost all shops are closed, except grocery. But till yesterday the open markets was open....go figure out.

I understand some precautions, but this is now unacceptable in this form.The people support at the beginning the more lighter form from this restriction to 93 %....now only 46 % after 1 day tighten the rules. Wait a few more days and the people get so angry that they don't care anymore.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
2469 cases in Washington and we are on lock down now. I contacted the city councilman and he said my son could still bring me groceries.

Good news though. I was approved for Washington State health insurance. Just made my first payment and hopefully it all goes through.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
2469 cases in Washington and we are on lock down now. I contacted the city councilman and he said my son could still bring me groceries.

Good news though. I was approved for Washington State health insurance. Just made my first payment and hopefully it all goes through.
Good news indeed! :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This herd immunity story I hear here in Europe very often too. Well, I had this virus and lucky for me , it goes out well. But I would never participate in any "herd immunity" experiment.
I'm so with you on that one. That was my whole other story. Luckily I was home sick with a normal cold or otherwise I would have been at work(school). The whole reason he didn't close schools while he was closing everything else was this herd immunity. He kept saying that the kids wouldn't get or it would only get it mildly. At no point did he address the fact that many of the teachers are in high risk groups and that they might get it or they may have family members who would get it through them. I was so happy that our Premier(state govt) went against him and closed schools except for essential workers children and those who were vulnerable. Our principal asked for volunteers to man the school for this. She was worried should wouldn't get many but lots did volunteer. I'm in a high risk group so haven't volunteered. I'm very proud of the people I work with though. They all deserve medals, that said with all this homeschooling I think parents will appreciate what teachers do more than in the past when things go back to normal.
The recommendation here in the UK is that you can only go out to get food, medication, to care for the elderly and at risk people and once a day for exercise.
In the main I support the government but they are creating some confusion in that they have closed all but non-essential shops and businesses but allowed construction sites to continue to work normally. If they were building hospitals I could understand it but not if it is a 500 room hotel which is not due for completion until the end of the year at the earliest, just where is the urgency in that.
This is very similar to here in Victoria. I must admit last Monday when I went to work for the last time in a while I was surprised to see road construction workers out and about.

I'm glad your son can still bring you groceries and congrats on getting health insurance!

I've just discovered that Wooworths is doing home deliveries of groceries and is giving priorities to seniors and those who are high risk. I was looking at it to try and organise a way for Mum and Dad to get their groceries as we are avoiding going out to the shops where possible even for groceries, but we should be able to use it also as we're both seniors.

My son was a bit horrified that I made him shower when he got home yesterday and than disinfected any surface he had touched.

Stay safe everyone in these difficult times.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d
We have to print out a special form, which we have to fill out for each "to do". With where you live, your name, birthday and the exact time stamp when you leave the house. In my area, I could theoretically walk for 2-3 hours without to meet anybody, practically, I could now meet the police which is patrolling and pay a ticket from 1500-3700 € when I am more than 1 km away from my house. When they catch me more often, they have any rights to lock me up. Now this is extended for 4 more weeks.
Almost all shops are closed, except grocery. But till yesterday the open markets was open....go figure out.

I understand some precautions, but this is now unacceptable in this form.The people support at the beginning the more lighter form from this restriction to 93 %....now only 46 % after 1 day tighten the rules. Wait a few more days and the people get so angry that they don't care anymore.

The fine here is said to be £30 which is about the same in Euros, although I don't think the police have the powers to fine people yet as the bill allowing that and some other sweeping powers has to pass parliament, it is expected to do before the weekend though. The is also no limit on distance so far it is just the purpose that is a criteria. Sad news here is that the deaths are rising and they included a 21 year old girl with no underlying health problems so the fact that it is only serious in the elderly is clearly being rethought.

Personally the good news here is have managed to get a Echo show shipped to my in-laws and with a few telephone calls managed to get them to set up and start using it. Not the same as a face to face visit but at least my wife can see them and vice versa, in truth the setup was fairly straight forward which I have found to be the norm with Amazon units, if only the smart products from Hive (British Gas) were this easy. Thank god my in-laws have some computer skills, not bad for a 78.85 year old couple. The show is not essential but I think it will help them over the coming weeks, after all we are only in week one of the 12 to 14 being talked about and it is certainly going to get worse.

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm so with you on that one. That was my whole other story. Luckily I was home sick with a normal cold or otherwise I would have been at work(school). The whole reason he didn't close schools while he was closing everything else was this herd immunity. He kept saying that the kids wouldn't get or it would only get it mildly. At no point did he address the fact that many of the teachers are in high risk groups and that they might get it or they may have family members who would get it through them. I was so happy that our Premier(state govt) went against him and closed schools except for essential workers children and those who were vulnerable. Our principal asked for volunteers to man the school for this. She was worried should wouldn't get many but lots did volunteer. I'm in a high risk group so haven't volunteered. I'm very proud of the people I work with though. They all deserve medals, that said with all this homeschooling I think parents will appreciate what teachers do more than in the past when things go back to normal.
This is very similar to here in Victoria. I must admit last Monday when I went to work for the last time in a while I was surprised to see road construction workers out and about.
I'm glad your son can still bring you groceries and congrats on getting health insurance!

I've just discovered that Wooworths is doing home deliveries of groceries and is giving priorities to seniors and those who are high risk. I was looking at it to try and organise a way for Mum and Dad to get their groceries as we are avoiding going out to the shops where possible even for groceries, but we should be able to use it also as we're both seniors.

My son was a bit horrified that I made him shower when he got home yesterday and than disinfected any surface he had touched.

Stay safe everyone in these difficult times.

Very similar here in the UK and as far as making your son shower, well you really can't be too careful with this one.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I don't believe that the case of the 21 year old's death has actually been confirmed as Covid 19 by any one in authority.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't believe that the case of the 21 year old's death has actually been confirmed as Covid 19 by any one in authority.

Thank you for the correction you are right in that it appears it is the family stating that it is Covid 19. I apologise for the misdirection, I need to be more careful, especially in relation to Covid 19.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Still trying to keep focused. Uploaded a bed freebie to Renderosity today: A Bed and Pillows

tn.png

What I really don't understand is how some people are doing okay with covid. Prince Charles and there's an 80 year old guy in my county who is doing well and is home recovering. And others are dying. Makes no sense.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I suspect those who are not surviving, already had poor health. There have been reports of instances with older folks who already have issues are the ones suffering the most, so just being a senior citizen isn't necessarily the only factor.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
the majority of cases here in Australia have been brought in by travelers/holidayers and most of them are from or picked it up from the USA ..

most State borders here are now closed.. overseas travel by aussies is banned and no one is allowed in but we did have a debacle with one cruise ship being let off in Sydney with no checks and the infected people are now being spread worldwide as they return to their respective countries and homes.

The outlook for you guys in the USA is not looking good, so stay safe all you HiveWarriors :inverted: :balloon03:

eclark1894

Visionary
the majority of cases here in Australia have been brought in by travelers/holidayers and most of them are from or picked it up from the USA ..

most State borders here are now closed.. overseas travel by aussies is banned and no one is allowed in but we did have a debacle with one cruise ship being let off in Sydney with no checks and the infected people are now being spread worldwide as they return to their respective countries and homes.

The outlook for you guys in the USA is not looking good, so stay safe all you HiveWarriors :inverted: :balloon03:
All in all, except for New York and California perhaps, I don't think we're suffering too badly here in the States. New York is a crowded metropolis, so yes, I do expect it to be bad there. Ironically, so is Chicago, but I haven't heard anything about them in the news.

Miss B

CV-BEE
New York is a crowded metropolis, so yes, I do expect it to be bad there. Ironically, so is Chicago, but I haven't heard anything about them in the news.
That is strange now that I think about, as it's a much larger travelers hub than New York. Once they stopped non-stop flights to a lot of destinations years (decades) ago, I always had to stop in Chicago to change planes. Now that I think about it, Denver was also a big hub as well. Not sure if it still is, but years ago it was.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
New York and Washington state made sense for the top two states but Louisiana was third. Huh? The Mardi Gras was February 25 which I think explains that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, that definitely would have added to the risk with all those people in town for such a large event.