• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Freebies by Catherine3678a

Next, a whole lot'a "Real Skin Tones" :)
These may be used "as is" or on templates, as bases to start making skin sets with or plain. For FREE as well as commercial items. "Public Domain"
I do not require credits on your artwork or creations ;-)

These are great for toons as well as bases for children's textures which typically do not require great reality.
They are also helpful at times for use on some of those other surface dials for sprucing up existing skin sets. For example one can change the skin tone colour of an existing skin simply by adding a plain image to another channel. So whether for one's one use, or for creating skins these can be useful.

Most if not all the squares are 4096 x 4096 .png files. As one adds details with skin detailing brushes, etc. save again as .png files [not .jpegs].
These squares can also be used to paint with in some image editors.
For those desiring only to make use of the colours via a colour picker tool, I have put a copy of all the "index cards" in one folder.

Index Cards

3D [and 2D] Folder look for "RSTNS" 05-27

just a few colours for folk.png

robkelk

Inspired
Apologizes for the no notice but have again "deactivated" my DA account. It's the only way to clear out the photos en masse ... my account is a free one and I do not wish to take undue advantage of their free storage.

I do have some learning projects for myself in mind, and if they pan out ... am hoping to have some nifty tutorials available later on.

Where do we find your freebies now?

We had these listed on the freebie wiki as being available at alberta-rose.deviantart.com:
  • Big Ear Fella
  • Big Ears 2nd edition
  • Big Ears G2 clan
  • Big Ears G3 Clan
  • Bra Forms for Dawn
  • Shirt 001 for Dusk - nc
  • Patches2
No doubt we missed many more of your free items. (Why not list your freebies there as well as here?)

quietrob

Extraordinary
This is so kind of you! Might I ask, are these for DAZ Studio only? I can't tell by some of the names in the 3D [and 2D] Folder.

This is so kind of you! Might I ask, are these for DAZ Studio only? I can't tell by some of the names in the 3D [and 2D] Folder.

Good point. Most of the 3D files were named back in the days when we also had room to post promo images.
I do mention of my postings when putting them up so info does exist somewhere back in this thread [I hope] for some.

All the PYHRYT and RST* files are 2D. Some of the other folders [lip liner for Genesis if I recall correctly] have .psd files in them.
For the models all are at least workable in Daz Studio - and may or not have Poser files too. OR can be exported from D/S as .obj and then used in Poser [like for example, maybe, the coffeepot].
ALL the geograft items [Big Ears for *] are AFAIK Daz Studio only. I am not aware of Poser being able to handle such items. That being said, the last loop of mesh on the actual geograft item is "copyright" to the copyright owner of the mesh the geograft figure. These may NOT be used other than as intended in any form of derivative product.
If geograft items can be used in Poser and you know how to make that happen, be my guest.

n.b. to all: geograft items may NOT be used on other figures for several reasons, one being copyrights.

And I had some success this day in starting over and creating a whole bunch of clone morphs for Dawn :) For all the gals!
Using D/S4.6 and the clones that were made available somewhere in another thread on this website.
Tutorial images are in the editing basket :)

With these one can bring Dawn's wardrobe to the other figures [and back of course - with some work than what is covered in this tutorial].
And to the best of my knowledge, these morphs will also help for transferring morphs figure to figure - with some goofiness expected of course.

Dawn Clones for all the gals.jpg need these.png

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thanks! Textures are pretty interchangable but Geografting from what I've read of your tutorial is a DAZ type of thing. Pity. Xdresser works fine with most things but something like a kimono or Hakui will rip and tear at the sleeves everytime. It requires a LOT of work in the materials zones (A poser concept?) A poser equivalent would make things easier for me as I cross clothing all the time.

Okay thanks for the confirmation.

Another Daz Studio ability concerns making clone and/or what I call "clone morphs." That is to take a clone and make a morph of it ;-) Such morphs do NOT replace a professionally made morph of any figure. They can however provide something of an aid for making clothing to fit the shapes of other figures. For example if I make a dress to fit on G2, I can use G2 morphed to G3 to get a starter shaped .obj file with which to continue working on for a properly made dress for G3.

I have had a hectic week, the time I have for making tutorials was cut short and was interrupted many times. So kindly pardon but this tutorial is being released "as is" and I hope it makes sense. It's a little hard to proof read/test this oneself so if anybody discovers some glowing error feel free to send me a note here. ty.

n.b. that once one has made the clone morphs, those should be usable in Poser if one knows how to get the morphs into Poser. I did a tutorial on that a long time ago and no I have not found it yet again - but I do remember that it is possible.

Making Clone Morphs

... and I just know everybody wants to see this wonderful photo of the Sun and Moon - a composite photo [obviously] with the Moon being placed exactly [more or less] where it really was as a New Moon. Hmmm .... these posts don't allow big pics ... okay so it's here: Click for Photo

Somebody is digging a big hole in our lawn too ... one day I'll probably post some dirt texture images ;-)

Miss by 4 minutes! wowser!

Okay ... here we go,

A Pose for and in the Readme sketchy instructions for making a G3M Clone.

Making an Invisibility Preset

PYHRYT G8M {templates only}

And a few more photos in that folder too. They start with "A."

Puttering away at what else one can do inside D/S, I've been converting a few old Poser items.
Miki4 is possible via re-rigging it BUT will need then a lot of pose morphs to look nice.
I rerigged it to legacy and then transferred it to weights.
One of the ol' dinos translates relatively nicely to a D/S file - so it keeps its morphs and the poses worked too!
One very nice thing about getting any of the old files into the newer formats is that one can remake those uvmaps!
For morphing old items such as the dinos, be sure to check the box to reverse morphs on making new ones.
P7Kate2 is a no-go. Has 2 mesh heads. I'm not asking.

Stuff for G8M.jpg Converting Poser items.jpg

Not a new topic but this is a new tutorial. Very short basic "how to" for making a basic shader. I often refer to one in my tutorials so thought it might be a good idea to show people what exactly I'm talking about. It's a 3Delight shader that D/S will make. The more complex shaders and those for other rendering engines can cause a few issues in the older programs such as Hexagon.

Have also added some more photos of Sol and Co for those interested.

Making a Basic Shader

Making a Shader Promo.png

Okay, now for some pants for G8M. I do not yet own a whole bunch of morphs for him so no, there are no additional morphs. There should be enough mesh though for people to make their own as required for extreme figures/poses/whatever.

I did include 1 morph for the Super Shirt so it will fit over these pants.

I was also investigating some other ways to make a better Genesis clone for the auto-fit for the Genesis Figures. I have provided a couple of D/S pose files for the G3 figures.

Pants for G8M

Poses for G3s to G8s and Some Notes for Making Clones

pants promo.jpg pants.jpg

Yes they, for some reason, decided to gloss over the 4-7 and get to 8. I rather imagine it would become a nightmare of numbers in another few editions.
0 = 5
2 = 6
3 =7
4 =8
5=9
6=10
7=11
8=12
Now when people ask about Genesis 8, would they be referring to Genesis 8, character 4 OR character 12, for example.