• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light's Dawn projects

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Sadly, I don't know jack-squat-poodle-doodle about Superfly. I am still at grainy, washed out colors stage :p

Guess I'll be a Firefly guy for a while longer.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well I finally got the eyes fixed by playing with the Anisotropic settings for the eye pieces; Eye, Iris, Pupil, etc. so now it's looking normal.

My problem was I'm using Bagginsbill's EnviroSphere so I don't have to set up any lights, and it's reflecting the white of the ES onto her eyes. Now it's looking better, or I hope it will when the render that's working finishes, whatever hour that is. :roflmao:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have another set that is all Albino, no face paint anfd is slightly different than this set.
If I can get the eyes figured out I will be ready to finish this set and add Superfly support to the other.
My problem is that the eye surface is a blinding white, no veins or texture like in Firefly.

Edited the spelling.
must be time to go to bed...lol.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
What Miss B. suggested might be a solution!

Have you tried possibly using a blending node?

I'm not sure with eyes, but I know that this kept happening to my Regalia white feather set. It would render fine in Firefly, but Superfly was too bright. So I added a blending node with a little grey added to the diffuse color. You might try that and see if it helps any..... again feathers and eyes.... lol two different things. Another thing, is you might try dialing down the diffuse color. The way Superfly handles the light reflection and refraction makes things look washed out to fix that I find that changing the diffuse color to a light to medium grey helps some with that if the color you are currently using is white in that slot. One more thing, would be to make the specular color black and dial it down to around 1% that way you aren't reflecting anything.

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ahh, cornea problem fixed, eye surface and iris fixed and now I am adjusting the lacrimals.
Thy are way too dark.
Then adjust the skin a bit and see if there is a way to make the eyebrows look better.
I had EZSkin3 but when I clicked it, there was a setting to go get the newest version so I did.
now stuff works. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm glad you got things sorted out !! I'm sure you will get the Lacrimals too. :)

LOL I tend to like the old stuff and it works just fine. If it's not broken, then don't go fixing it in my opinion. It's only when the new stuff comes in that is messes everything up some times and then things don't work and then won't work how they did. ;) Just complicates things.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Poser and DS versions all done, all for 3dl, Iray and Superfly. :)

I need the creatures sets fixed for Superfly and my Akhashia character finished as well.
Wooo Whew! :coffee:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
For my testers who have access to the "My HiveWire 3D Tests" directory in my dropbox, Kyokko has been uploaded for testing. :)
There are two separate zips for DS and Poser and one zip for the textures for both, download the version and textures you need.
Thanks. :D

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
A note here, I needed to update the files, had two sets in the texture folder and DS was missing the data files.
hope I got it this time. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Not ready for testing yet, there is a texture issue, white ring around the lips.
Reminds me of what to me happens when I'm feeling ill.
My lips turn bluish though and then a stark white ring appears around the lips. :laugh:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay here is the problem, if rendered in DS, 3DL or Iray, she renders beautufully with no ring around the lips.
In firefly same, no ring but with Superfly the ring appears, mostly around the upper lip.
anyone else have this problem?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I seem to remember seeing a post about this problem, but I don't recall if it was at SM's Poser Forum, or at Renderosity.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK. If I come across the post I'm thinking of, I'll let you know where.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK. If I come across the post I'm thinking of, I'll let you know where.