• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light's Dawn projects

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Kyokko is finished except for promos.
My creature sets are finished and promos done, only wish I felt up to doing images of the four horn colors in Iray.

Sounds like you've gotten a lot done. Can't wait to see the creature set especially.

Other stuff in the works.
Do we need an albino for Dawn?
My vampire texture could be adapted and new shaders made for it. :)

Okay I can't speak for anyone else, but this actually really excited me, which is funny because usually I'm on the look for dark skin tone textures. But. . . I instantly thought of this character I made up in high school who was an albino. I loved this comic called Elf Quest back then. I probably would have been writing fanfic for it, if I had known there was such a thing. Anyway, my albino character I made up was the daughter of one of the main villains:

All of which is to say, I would be pretty excited to see a good albino texture for Dawn. One of my favorite v4 texture sets was Lucrezia, partially because it wasn't just an ordinary pale skin.

Network was out all day yesterday and the tech came this morning late, it was our wireless router.
He gave us a choice of going out to buy a new and setting it up ourselves or he could install a combo and set it up.
So we had him do the work.
That s what I tried to get when we first moved in and got our service.
Techs told me they did not provided a combo or setup the wireless, that we would have to.
Now we have it right. :D

That's good to hear. Networking, even setting up a small hope network can be messy. And for most people a combo router/modem is the best. Glad you were able to get them to set it up, rather than dealing with the headache of doing it yourself.

But today I am sick with upper respiratory stuff again, happens every time it rains and that ceiling leaks.
At least no more plaster fell.
My health care team is due to call and will more than likely tell my daughter to have me begin the treatments with the emergency Azithromycin they had her pick up this week.
Meantime I will be working slow, if at all. :(

Sorry about your health. I have some breathing problems of my own that used to be pretty severe so I know how much it can suck. I was lucky, because once the doctors finally figured out what was going on it was easy to manage, but until that point I remember always feeling like I couldn't get quite enough air, which is the worst feeling in the world. Hopefully your doctors will help get you on the right track.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It won't be hard to change the texture names from Akashia to something else.
And then just do all the mc6 sets.
But I'll need to think of a good name for her. :)

Hmmm, maybe just leave the name as is since all files are done, even DS.
Maybe add one face with regular eyebrows and some un-polished nails. :)

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is an image I did tonight of the Albino look.
Do you think it looks like an Albino?
I also have the eyes in a very pale blue.
An odd thing is that the top eyelashes will not turn white for some reason even though I made the diffuse white.
And there is a make-up option or two with eyeliners in black.
The hair is Dawns GlamHair with my textures.

albino-01.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds like there's something you missed when changing the colour. Did you do large and small lashes?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes.
And even tried using Dawns trans map but it still does that.
Gotta get some sleep but will try again when I get up.
Proably something in the mc6.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Looks good. The only thing I notice that may be a bit tricky is the ears. It might be a result of how the SSS is set up, but they are a little too white. Other than that I think it looks fantastic. There's some great detail on the skin so she doesn't just look like porcelain.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ooops, forgot to add same map as face on the ears.
Got items downloading so can't do other images yet.
As soon as I can there wil be others.
By the time I hear more on what way to upload the Bejeweled sets, I will have around three new products ready for testing. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I haven't forgotten this one, just busy trying to get stuff installed on the desktop so I can do my P11 work on it.
The video card helps render faster than this laptop.
At present I am doing one Superfly material set, or a set that will work in both Superfly and Firefly
If I ever get a decent enough render to see if it needs more of anything..lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here us a Firefly render of the regular skin for Kyokko.
I used EZSkin 3 with the superfly settings but when I render in Superfly the eyes are all black.
So gotta edit the cornea node again...sigh.

Kyokko-01.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm trying to get all my new projects so they work in both render engines.
After finally getting past the "gray" renders in Superfly, I did on that looked so good but had some texture errors.
I forgot to fix the ears on the maps and they had baked in shadows that came out really odd...ugh.
As soon as I get fully accustomed to P11 I will remove PP2014 for a bit.
That way I'll have more room on my drive.

Now as soon as I fix the cornea I will do a Superfly render of this one.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I used EZSkin 3 and adapted it.
But before attempting to adapt, I went to RDNA and read a lot of BB's posts explaining it.
I learn a lot from his posts. :)

I still think the cornea in Superfly looks too flat, no shine but do not know how to alter it correctly yet.
Tomorrow I will post her white texture with the face paint rendered in SF.