• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ever had one of "those days"!?!?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here's a few of my lil' demons from Hell!!!

KidneyStones.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
He has them in a jar and just shook it for us in our Skype meeting...Lisa said it sound like moracas :p

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've been sent screaming to the emergency room twice and put on morphine drips to ease the pain while passing fire balls.

I've painted my share of kidney's for medical books. This is one of them from years back. So I can relate McGyver.

039e0e_343ced8279ae4894a7a28cc63ee3d9e1.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Seeing that makes my little complaints seem so insignificant. Here's to hoping you never get another one, Chris!

McGyver

Energetic
I didn't think this would work, my old camera which I made a special diopter and fitting for no longer works, but I took a random stone, my iPhone and put it on my microscope and crudely lined up the lens and manage to catch this... It's hard to focus and hold the phone... I think if I took it out of the case and experimented a bit with some fittings, I could probably get some decent microscope pix using the iPhone. This is actually not that pointy...

By the way, Chris... Great looking illustrations !

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I am pleased my kidneys and I have not as yet ~touches all the wood she can reach~ had this happen to us. We did, the three of us, have acute nephritis when we were smaller but it has not affected us in latter life thus far ~more wood touching occurs~

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Like most medical conditions I hear about this one bubbles up to near the top of my "really do NOT want" list. It will stay there until someone references diabetes, etc., in my hearing ... ;)

Lorraine

Do you mean nephritis, Simon? If you did I can tell you it sucks big time. Not allowed out of bed for months, long faces on the part of doctor and parents, unable to go in a public swimming pool for years, and of course the wonderful prospect of my kidneys turning turtle and dialysis ensuing. But hey, ho, I could get hit by a bus :)

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Do you mean nephritis, Simon? If you did I can tell you it sucks big time. Not allowed out of bed for months, long faces on the part of doctor and parents, unable to go in a public swimming pool for years, and of course the wonderful prospect of my kidneys turning turtle and dialysis ensuing. But hey, ho, I could get hit by a bus :)
Ok, that has now gone to the top of my list ... ;) Thankfully I seem to manage to remain generally well, occasional sniffle aside and I am forever very thankful for that!

Lorraine

The three big D's are my fears: dialysis, dementia and diabetes. Yarboo sucks to all of them.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here's a few of my lil' demons from Hell!!!
You saved your kidney stones????? Sheesh!!!!!

I had to collect the pieces I eliminated for about a week after the Lithotripsy so my Urologist could test to make sure they were calcium oxylate stones, though it did show up in an X-Ray, so he was pretty sure it was. Seems there's another kind of kidney stones that aren't, so wouldn't have showed up on the X-Ray. I'm glad it was, as it made it easier for him to figure out where it actually was.

RedPhantom

I all have my sympathies. I had stones while I was pregnant. Every time they'd cause me trouble, I'd have contractions. And there was nothing they could do because of the baby.