• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ever had one of "those days"!?!?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I make my own bread, and use TWO bread machines to save time... But today I FORGOT to turn ON the second bread machine! argh!! I put it all together with ingredients, pressed the two small settings buttons, but forgot to press the START button... So now this one will not finish till 8 pm.... and I have no idea if the 'warmed up yeast' will have died or not. argh!!! (I learned that my jar yeast stored in the fridge needs to warm a bit to "come alive" before use, so I measure it out, and set it to warm before use. It actually CAN die of being warm too long!)

I was too distracted by my TV show... second time I have done this... I have to CONCENTRATE!

THEN....My lungs tightened up, and need nebulizer now, late in day...looked at forecast, 100% RAIN STORM tonight, Sunday!! LOL! I am not kidding, my asthma predicts the weather for me!

I am working on an elaborate cowboy and saddled horse piece to show off the new tack, that I'm SO IN LOVE WITH.... I'll show the post worked horse part in Harry's thread soon... dressing/posting Dusk now...that sounds funny.... giggle!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can't trust myself not to get involved in a project, so when I start water to boil, I always turn on a timer. Or if I set the oven to preheat, I set a timer. Anything that I have to wait on always gets a timer set.

After the water boiled out of pots twice ... I decided I was far too likely to lose track of time.

That way ... it doesn't matter if I get involved in something, my trusty oven timer will remind me :)

I also set alarms for when I need to leave for a doctor appointment or leave for work.

Oh yeah. I also set alarms for when I have to take medication. Like this round of antibiotics which I need to take three times a day. No alarm, and I will miss a pill.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I also use a timer, though usually the one on my microwave because it's louder, and I can hear it better if I'm in another room.

As for appointment reminders, and medication (as well as eye drops), those I use my cellphone's calendar app, which works great. Of course, I use my clock radio to be sure I'm awake on time for morning appointments, like tomorrow when I have to get ready for the gym.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
:grouphug: Yep...I have those days Lyne...first day back at work it took close to 2 hours to get there. Left at 7am and arrive just before 9am.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
heh, I'd never hear an alarm over my TV... mostly I have to just PAY ATTENTION... :)

but thanks SO much for the hugs and sharing! I know we all have 'those days' but still helps to share...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, yeah, we all have them! I have more than I'd like to think about :p

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, we all have them... today was one of those for me... *groans* I totally feel you. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, the membership card, and the veteran card for it! LOL :D

Chin up, the next day is usually better after one of THOSE days!

And as far as the weather... yep... arthritis and back injuries are pretty good predictors of weather, too! I can always tell when we're going to get a high humidity day, or a rain or snow storm just by how my joints or my back feels... I don't even NEED to watch my kitties' behavior to know (although their behavior is also very tell-tale if one knows what they're seeing).

Anyway. Yes, Lyne, we all get them. Sorry you had a rough one... I hope the yeast was okay for the bread!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lynn, if you have a cell phone with a timer, you could use that. If the cell phone was next to you, you'd probably be more likely to hear it.

Or one of those stand alone timers. Technology is there to make our lives easier ... and if it means I don't have to struggle to keep my attention on something mundane when my muse has me firmly in her grip ... all the better!

How did the bread turn out???

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
okaaayyyy guess I have to confess... about timers... I did buy one, I tried to use it, I really did... but ... um.... I kept forgetting to turn it on, OR if I did, I'd jump out of my skin when it went off! I'm just not a timer person... besides, in the process of STARTING UP the bread machines (measuring, loading, pressing all the buttons to set the type/time/brownness, and START- that is not a timer thing... it's a pay attention when you are DOING IT thing.... I watch the time on my computer mostly...for like medication times, go eat a meal time, etc. :)

for me, it really REALLY is a matter of FOCUS... just making up my mind to pay attention.... :confused:

Now... today... I didn't drink all THIRTEEN glasses of water yesterday, and one eye is SO blurry I can't see out of it... argh!! It should come back later, and AT LEAST it doesn't HURT.... so it's better than most of my "dry eye" days... I deal...it's all one CAN do... I HATE drinking so much water in winter... (and FYI, water is the ONLY liquid I can drink with my oddball system, anymore). :rolleyes:

But again, hugs, thanks for being such good "ears" and letting me VENT! :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
13 glasses of water??? Geeze, and I complain about 8 glasses of liquids. I drink 2 glasses of lemonade, as lemon juice cuts down any build up of calcium in the kidneys, and since my losing battle with a recalcitrant kidney stone 6 1/2 years ago, drinking the lemonade and 6 glasses of water, has insured I never have another one. Of course, I also take a diuretic every other day to flush said kidneys.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
That is a LOT of water - impressed that you're good about doing it at least most days (but clearly it makes a big difference in how you feel.

I hate timers, too.

But I LOOOOOOOVE bread...... :happydance:

Sends Lyne hugs!!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I have a lot of those days:
The voice in my head are arguing
My imaginary friend is running with scissors
And at some point, one of my personalities wandered off.

And I always forget something when I start a project. Usually something I should be minding, like my laundry.

McGyver

Energetic
We've had a few mechanical timers... They usually end up startling me... I still have most of the parts in a box.
I don't do well with being startled... Actually stuff that startles me usually doesn't do well.
Thirteen glasses of water... Geez, I hope I don't need to go there... Like Miss B, I get kidney stones too... I try to remember to drink a lot of water to flush them out, but sometimes I get too busy... I actually had a pretty big one last week... I probably shouldn't mention this, but I figure at this point anyone who has ever read anything I've wrote, won't be too unsettled, but I actually save them... At first I had to because the doctors wanted to analyze them, but then they didn't really need them anymore... So I saved them (cleaned and sterilized) and photographed them under a microscope... They are horrible, evil little contraptions... They look like the comet from Armageddon, filled with horrible sharp daggers of crystal calcium. Yeah... But then again I collect rodent skulls from around owl nests too, so that's probably far less odd considering how the skulls got there.
Weeks without posting and this is what I come in with.
Feel better Lyne and stay healthy.

Miss B

CV-BEE
YAY!!! McGyver IS IN THE HOUSE!!!

You're lucky if you can just pass them. I had to have a procedure to break it up so I could. Luckily it didn't require any cutting, so no scars.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
McG!! He's BACK!

Actually, that was a pretty mild post from you....

Are you sure you and Rokket aren't related?

*whistles*

But we STILL don't know how the bread turned out (and what kind it was!)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
McG!! He's BACK!

Actually, that was a pretty mild post from you....

Are you sure you and Rokket aren't related?

*whistles*

But we STILL don't know how the bread turned out (and what kind it was!)
Related? Bwahahahahahaaaaaa! wait.... what?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL Scary thought, huh? Or maybe McG is your "imaginary friend"?

That post of yours earlier sounded much like McG :p