• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ever had one of "those days"!?!?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh my! Hi McG! Thanks for the giggles!!

oh and my second "late" loaf of bread didn't rise well, but was still use-able.... oh well.

and @Miss I learned (back when I was afeared of those UTI's) that CRANBERRY JUICE was the BEST above all things to drink to prevent them... I drank a lot of glasses of "Cran-Ras" juice! Loved it... but then it too, with it's acidic content killed my system... (gave me PAIN and IBS spasms)... I can't have ANY acid - no coffee, nothing, nada....

and since my medication drys my eyes, that's why I have to drink even MORE water than most... to balance off... and darn... yesterday I TRIED but only got in 10 glasses and one eye is half blurry this am... oh well such is life...

I count my days as "better" when I can learn something in poser these days.... this being my latest discovery:
Getting to know the Poser Morph Tools | HiveWire 3D Community

Things like this make my days worth while! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I hate Cranberries and Cranberry Juice. I just can't tolerate the taste, so my Nephrologist recommended Cranberry Pills. Not sure that would be easier for you to tolerate, but you might look into it.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh for me? noooo even a cran pill would cause an acid attack, but thanks... and that's too bad, that you don't like the taste.... cran is pretty harsh but the berries cut it a bit... still, I understand...

Terre

Renowned
Lyne, at least it was useable. Better than just having to toss it out to be bird food or something. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yay! Wondered where you'd got to. Thought maybe you were buried under 50 feet of snow. Missed you, mate!
He's out on Long Island, and I'm sure he got at least what we got in the City, if not more, but I don't think they got 50 feet. ;)

RedPhantom

For those of you who don't like alarms or don't hear them, if you spend a lot of time on your computer there's a little program called cute reminder. It pops up a little message off to one side of your screen as a reminder. They can be one time or repeated. You can set up sounds if you might be away from your computer for a bit ( I use this on laundry day. Hate having the machines downstairs. I can't hear them. Yes its better than the laundromat. ) or it can be silent so it doesn't disturb others. And if your computer is off at the time the reminder should pop up, it will show the next time you boot up.

Don't know that this will help you start your bread machine, unless you make bread at the same time. But it might help with the water, if you're at the computer a lot.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's pretty much what I use my cellphone's calendar for . . . reminders.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
hmmm sounds interesting... noises SCARE me, but a pop up might be okay... when I am 'posering' I am "gone" and time just goes by!

I do start both machines at the same time, so really THAT one is a matter of paying attention... :)

Anyway... back to the subject of this thread.... I've decided that LIFE is made up of THOSE DAYS.... and all I can do is give myself as many bits of time/rewards during any given day, to make life better... ie: TV show I like and can get LOST in.... or time to DO art, that I get lost in a different way, in... With art, it's rewarding because I am accomplishing something! :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's a very good way to look at it, Lyne. You are so right. Life is made up of those days. My mantra 'this too shall pass' gets a lot of workout aboard Sans Souci and one of the things I do is give myself permission to have bad days and not beat myself up. I'm very good at beating myself up so it's a challenge. Doing nice things for yourself during the day helps those bad days be not so bad and sometimes even turn them good :)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I lived by two rules for most of my life and it has always served me well:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. EVERYTHING is small stuff.

If I lose a bit of time here and there, I don't let it bother me. You can't get it back, it's gone. Since we haven't invented a time machine yet, there is no sense in letting it get me down. I will probably lose myself again.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hmmm, not EVERYTHING is small stuff but I do take your point. Not making mountains out of molehills is a very good thing. Being dramatic and waving your hands around and screaming can also be a good thing if only for catharsis. Then deal with the mountain or molehill.

McGyver

Energetic
I have many imaginary friends, you'll have to be more specific... But there is one named Rocket... Although, he is a forty foot tall mech with a talking rabbit inside... I think his name is Rocket too... Or Rodney, it's hard to say, as he has a bit of a lisp... I believe they call him rocket because he likes eating at Johnny Rocket's burger restaurants... Mostly from the parking lot... Only once he sat inside and that didn't turn out so well. I could be imaginary too... It's hard to tell... Reality can be quite surreal at times.
I have a long model making story that is kidney stone related... I'll try and whittle it down quickly...
A number of years back, when I first was diagnosed with kidney stones, I was working on a project to fabricate a series of laparoscopes... Being that they were going to be actually used in surgery, they had to be 100% perfect and they each had about $20,000 worth of tech inside... We had one shot to get it right with all twelve of them and we had no devices to check them out on as they were assembled... Part of which involved having the housing molded around the inner works. It was a super tight deadline and during it I got a really bad kidney stone, the day before we finished, I passed it... Despite that I managed to hold up my end of the project and we finished just a few hours short of the client coming to pick them up... I should probably have mentioned that these were no ordinary laparoscopes... They had slightly bulkier handles, like a very fluidly shaped phaser, but with an extremely long stainless steel nozzle/shaft... Almost two and a half feet long, probably twice normal length. We did a lot of medical prototypes, so it wasn't that odd and I never really gave any thought to its exact use. We finished up, cleaned them up and placed them in their custom cases. And when the fellow in charge of the project, actually a doctor who co-founded the company we were doing this for, showed up, he tested each one with a special device he brought along... Tense moments passed as he placed each one back in its case... When he finished the last one, his demeanor totally changed for very calm and serious to what was almost a dancing Christmas elf... They all passed perfectly and he practically hugged each of us... He was in a hurry and was off to a trade show or something and had to catch a plane and after a billion thanks, just as he was leaving, I remembered I never knew what type of procedure they were for... so I asked... "Oh, sorry... " he said standing in the doorway... "They are for removing very large kidney stones in obese or large patients, where lithotripsy is not an option..." As he closed the door behind him. I'm pretty sure both of my kidney shrieked in terror and curled up in a knot... Nobody claims to have heard it, but I'm told dog and cats throughout the neighborhood mewed and howled in fright... I'm pretty sure he could have thrown a liver and a spleen at me moments before and I'd just have been concerned about stains, but connecting those devices with kidneys and the momentary image of one of those steel tubes rooting about in and sucking things out of my kidney was way too clear and vivid.... I'm pretty sure I just stood there in that hallway, staring blankly at the door waving bye-bye to nobody as that movie played in my head for at least five minutes before my freind Keith poked me in the shoulder and asked if I was going to lunch.
Yeah... But I did have a lithotripsy procedure a few years back, I was lucky because my friend who is a doctor expedited the whole thing to one week... After three weeks of hell, peeing blood for a day or two was not so bad... Luckily, it hasn't been needed again so far.
And before I cap this long post, I have to add... Two days after my last post up there, I passed a pretty big stone... It wasn't so bad because it actually didn't stick much on the way to the bladder... But a few days later I had to sculpt a kidney for one of my daughter's class projects... I really know way more about kidneys than I ever wanted to.

McGyver

Energetic
The above post may seem disjointed... I think the post order was out of whack when it loaded... Just pretend it makes sense... Or not... Sorry.

McGyver

Energetic
What? Where?... The spider on the ceiling? His name is Tim... Was Tim... I'm pretty sure he's quite dead... He hasn't moved in over a month... That or he is the laziest spider on earth.