• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dusk Skeleton In Progress

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
The intent is to have a clean bone texture and a grudgy one too. Like I had commissioned for the skeleton at DAZ back in the day.

We'd also break out a product just for the Skull also.

The Dusk rig would work with this skeleton for sure. Paul has some initial ideas on how to add further control for each bone in the vertebral column.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Started modeling the Scapula bone last night. This is the progress being made. Still needing to model in the coracoid process and a few other tweaks then we'll have it.

Skull121.JPG
Skull122.JPG
Skull123.JPG
Skull124.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Now look what you've done Chris! You've got me imagining bone wings for him already! :p (well the shoulder blades do look a bit wing like hehehe)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So much skill is right, watching him work makes me just want to give up.
I feel so belittled, mercy, I cry mercy!
lol...Chris has been in the business for a long time and certainly has a lot of skill. I always think...I can really learn by watching what he can do. No need to feel belittled as we all have to start somewhere and we're all at a different point in our learning journey's and that's okay. The important thing is to keep learning and working on getting better.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Art of Mind and others, I do appreciate the support. More then you know.

But, I'm no master at this. I just do what I do, and keep doing.

That's all.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Don't sell yourself short Chris. Your attention to detail and skill in making those details come to life is a gift.

And if you're not a master at this then I don't know who is :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Art of Mind and others, I do appreciate the support. More then you know.

But, I'm no master at this. I just do what I do, and keep doing.

That's all.
I get why you might say this...I know that the more I learn the more I realise what I don't know. I think it was Socrates that said something along the line of 'true wisdom is knowing how little we know'. But learning is relative and I know that you know a lot more than I do...;)

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
nah, Chris just feels sorry for me and is trying to make me feel better

edit, I did say mercy after all

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Very cool chris.
Righteous labor of love.
Are there any plans for creating a similar kind of skeleton for any of the animals?
I have a pretty good Horse skeleton or two and a few dragon skeletons of varied qualities but always wanted a good lion and dog skeletons.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I personally don't have any plans for any animal skeletons. This effort takes a lot of focus and time to do properly, and I don't think the demand would warrant the effort. But I could gladly be proven wrong.

As it is now, I'm modeling this skeleton on my "muse" time, or late night and weekend time, because I'm not confident others share my same passion for this project.

Just so you know carmen indorato, I do believe that Paul Lessard of CGCubed has made a lion skeleton and a Hippogriff skeleton.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hey Chris1
THANKS. A lion Skele would be cool though more interested in the skull.
I did a search but came up with a lot of health organizations. Any possibility of getting the correct addie from you to key into my browser more accurately?

oops sorry where Google Search sucks ai keyed into my browser directly and found it.
Thanks again.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Double OOPS!
Apparently that web site I was sent to was not hot. The browser brought me back to HiveWire. I looked through their store items here and there is no Lion Skeleton. Is this something coming?