• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk 2 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
Dawn 2 has body young and aged morphs. So playing with those dials can be helpful. But if you want a size change or scaling of limbs then I would think a full figure morph would be best and then have the rigging properly adjusted. Those are my thoughts.
I found something today that I had not thought about in years. I was writing a story called "Spellcaster". I was using V4, M4 and Laura for all the different characters I had come up with. I hate to admit it but I did find V4 and that generation to be very versatile in creating characters. I believe I can do the same with Dawn and Dusk, but I'll have to search around to find the clothes and outfits.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm still learning how to use Windows 10 so everything I do on this computer is basically me learning a new language. I managed to retrieve one of the pictures I created using V4 and M4. I didn't actually write this book by the way, it was just an idea I had for the cover. I wonder if I can recreate it using Dawn and Dusk 2? I never finished writing the story, but now, with Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 coming out soon, I think I may revisit this.

Attachments

• 1617807589879.jpeg
    1617807589879.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 205

eclark1894

Visionary
Btw, Chris, do you think you could contact Netherworks to see if he could create a hair module for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 for his Hair Conversion Kit? I have some Hairs I would love to convert from V4 and V3 to Dawn.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think Joe is no longer doing this kind of work Earl. I think 'Rosity has permission to convert his scripts over to Poser 12 but not sure if they are going to update that one.
I remember seeing a post somewhere at Renderosity that a good many of Joe's scripts are being taken care of. I just don't think his Hair Conversion, which is an older script, is one of the ones they're working on, at least not for now. Not sure which of his scripts they might get to at a later date.

eclark1894

Visionary
This has probably already been asked, but I'm slow and probably missed it. Will Dusk 2 be able to wear Dusk 1 clothes? As I mentioned, I'm thinking about restarting "Spellcaster, but using Dusk and Dawn instead of V4 and M4. I'll need to convert some clothing and I need to know if I have to wait until Dusk and Dawn 2 come out or go ahead and use what I already have?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This has probably already been asked, but I'm slow and probably missed it. Will Dusk 2 be able to wear Dusk 1 clothes? As I mentioned, I'm thinking about restarting "Spellcaster, but using Dusk and Dawn instead of V4 and M4. I'll need to convert some clothing and I need to know if I have to wait until Dusk and Dawn 2 come out or go ahead and use what I already have?

Dusk 2 has a very similar body size as Dusk SE. His body is a bit smaller. Smaller upper arms, shoulders, chest and lats. But proportions are the same. The bigger difference will in the rigging from Dusk 2 to Dusk SE and previous clothing.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
One thing I just noticed about Dusk 1.0 is that his scale is locked down. So is this going to be same going forward with the 2.0 family? I ask because if you have rings and other bits as props they won't scale up or down using morphs unless you cram those into the PP2 file. So wondering if you might consider making the figures scalable using the Scale dial rather than morphs? I'm working on a pack called Rings & Things for Dusk 1 and 2 and L'Homme. So for me going forward with this project I'm not sure how to proceed to make sure that I can get scaling to work with the Dusks, as I know that L'Homme was originally a morph of La'Femme so scaling for sure works with that figure!

Never mind. My fault. I had Dusk LOCKED so I wouldn't accidentally select his body parts when moving the bracelets into place. Silly me! LOL :oops:

Last edited:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
One thing I just noticed about Dusk 1.0 is that his scale is locked down. So is this going to be same going forward with the 2.0 family? I ask because if you have rings and other bits as props they won't scale up or down using morphs unless you cram those into the PP2 file. So wondering if you might consider making the figures scalable using the Scale dial rather than morphs? I'm working on a pack called Rings & Things for Dusk 1 and 2 and L'Homme. So for me going forward with this project I'm not sure how to proceed to make sure that I can get scaling to work with the Dusks, as I know that L'Homme was originally a morph of La'Femme so scaling for sure works with that figure!

Never mind. My fault. I had Dusk LOCKED so I wouldn't accidentally select his body parts when moving the bracelets into place. Silly me! LOL :oops:
Richard, you are adorable :giggle:
I loaded my Dusk2 morph by accident on Dawn 2 and was like, what is going on with this picture , glitch in the matrix ? just a blonde moment..

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm so adorable I'm dumb. Something new I discovered this AM. I spent the better part of a week off and on organizing zip files from all over for Dusk, Dawn, La'Femme, L'Homme, Python, you name it, GIG's worth of stuff. All gone. I've looked high and low on every hard drive I own and it's all gone. So I either sleep walked, booted up the computer or ... I don't know. So now after all that effort to get my HiveWire 3D stuff downloaded .. it's all gone! I have no idea what was going through my mind at the time but yea,.... Luckily I have it all installed and those Runtimes backed up but still, you know most of us are content pack rats and my zips were my insurance. Oh well. Onwards and upwards! :oops: :cry:o_O

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I'm so adorable I'm dumb. Something new I discovered this AM. I spent the better part of a week off and on organizing zip files from all over for Dusk, Dawn, La'Femme, L'Homme, Python, you name it, GIG's worth of stuff. All gone. I've looked high and low on every hard drive I own and it's all gone. So I either sleep walked, booted up the computer or ... I don't know. So now after all that effort to get my HiveWire 3D stuff downloaded .. it's all gone! I have no idea what was going through my mind at the time but yea,.... Luckily I have it all installed and those Runtimes backed up but still, you know most of us are content pack rats and my zips were my insurance. Oh well. Onwards and upwards! :oops: :cry:o_O
Sorry to hear that Rich !
You know what happened the other day ? all my Hivewire stuff I installed recently on my new HD was gone , vanished from the runtime library, that is weird and I have no idea how. Thankfully I have my zips backed up on another driver. The funny thing is only Hivewire stuff was gone everything else not. And that is a mystery... Zero traces it was ever installed. Even the unzipped folders in my documents was gone. I did not made system restore or anything so what really happened I would never know. Another glitch in the fabric of the PC..

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope it wasn't some kind of Windows Update!

I am so sorry for both of you! I would fall down and cry if that happened to me! I have backups all over the place, and I still misplace things it seems. I will know that I have something, but can't find it anywhere. And sometimes I have things nested inside of things, taking up more room than it should.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist

I am so sorry for both of you! I would fall down and cry if that happened to me! I have backups all over the place, and I still misplace things it seems. I will know that I have something, but can't find it anywhere. And sometimes I have things nested inside of things, taking up more room than it should.
Me too...nothing worse than losing stuff due to a glitch or hardware failure.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Wendy turned me on to a recovery program (free for basic search and recover) so right now I have it scanning my G drive where the zips resided originally. I do have the Runtimes and My Library installed and backed up on various drives but being the little digital packrat that so many of us confess too I hope I can recover the zips. If not it's just what it is! LOL

MEC4D

Contributing Artist

I am not sure, there were Windows update recently , not big deal for me since my zips was on another driver and it affected only HW products what is very strange . Maybe because it was installed manually ? no idea , anyway everything restored back to normal and my old scenes open again without issues.

randym77

Motivated
Dunno if this will help...but I notice the download links are still live in the emails. You know, the "Thank you for your order!" emails Hivewire sent out after a purchase. If you still have those, you can re-download your products.

At least I can.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Dunno if this will help...but I notice the download links are still live in the emails. You know, the "Thank you for your order!" emails Hivewire sent out after a purchase. If you still have those, you can re-download your products.

At least I can.
Interesting Randy, because I just tried, and all it does is take me to a page with the Dawn and Dusk starter kits in a column on the left, and the rest of the page is blank. According to the URL, it looks like it was asking me to log in on that page, which would then take me to my account, but there's no way to log in, so no downloading available.

I already downloaded all the files to my purchases over the years, so not a problem for me.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Chris, would you mind giving us a list of the UV's for Dusk 2 that match Dusk 1's? I know the lashes have been redone completely so had to redo those for him but I did apply my Tommy face maps to Dusk 2 obj you gave me to work with and well... it fits seemingly perfectly! Forehead Gem is a tiny bit stretched but other than that the lips, and ears seem to all go on very well!

You can see the remapped eyelashes. I'm so glad the "fantasy lash" geometry was removed. YAY!

image_2021-05-27_093816.png