• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED DUF Pose Converter Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
DUF Pose Converter for Poser 12

**DUF Pose Converter is a Python script for Poser 12. Requires Poser 12.0.703 or later.

Want to expand your poses library? What if you could load DUF poses from DAZ Studio 4 and apply then in Poser to any figure you may have on stage? That's what this script does!

Promo_000_1000x1200_DUFPoseConv.jpg

Just drag & drop DUF poses over the drop area, and they will be instantly applied to your figure in Poser 12. The joint rotation order is automatically matched to your figure!

Promo_01_600x800_DUFPoseConv.jpg

You can also batch-convert any number of DUF poses to Poser native Pz2 format with drag & drop, and they get stored to your chosen folder location, complete with PNG thumbnails.
Promo_02_600x800_DUFPoseConv.jpg

There is an option to auto-place the figure on the floor when loading DUF poses, saving some extra work.

Promo_03_600x800_DUFPoseConv.jpg

**NOTE: This script allows loading and batch-converting DUF poses from DAZ Studio 4. Depending on what figure the pose was meant for, how well it would fit your figure might vary. You will need to experiment to figure out what poses work best with what figure. In some cases, pose adjustments might be needed. Check the manual for more details.

I have a few pose sets for Dawn that only sold for DAZ Studio, so I could never use them in Poser - until now! After some experimentation, it looks like poses for Genesis 1 and 2 work reasonably well with Dawn, needing very little adjustments. With so much content being made for DAZ Studio these days, this script makes DUF poses now welcome in Poser 12 with simple drag and drop. Works faster than loading poses from Poser itself, probably because it doesn't process the Undo overhead, which saves the entire scene to disk every time. That's probably why it's faster.

As a side note, some figures have different joint rotation orders, but this script auto-adjusts the poses on-the-fly, so poses you apply (or batch-convert) will match the joint rotation order used in your figure automatically. Pose adjustments may still be needed, but without matching joint rotation orders, the pose wouldn't look anything like the original when applied.

The script is current undergoing QAV at Renderosity, and should be available soon.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
After a number of people have asked if the script can make Genesis 8 poses work with figure X or Y, I've decided to clarify it here for everyone. The question seems fair, so let's clear it out. This is a script for converting file formats from DUF to PZ2, so we can use DAZ Studio 4 poses in Poser.

So first and foremost - that doesn't mean the poses we bring from DS4 would magically work with any figure in Poser. As usual, poses meant for different figures may or may not work well with your figure. For example, Genesis 1 and 2 poses work reasonably well with DawnSE, needing little adjustment. On the other hand, Genesis 3 and 8 poses work poorly with DawnSE, so this is a matter of experimentation to find out what poses work with what figure.

For those of you who use a TriAx converted Genesis figure (any of them) in Poser, you will be able to use their DUF poses directly in Poser using this script. There are also cases where DawnSE poses were only released for DAZ Studio in DUF format, and you will be able to load them in Poser using this script. Those are some case examples where the poses will work perfectly with your figure because they were created for them. Even without file conversions, I have often used V4 poses with DawnSE, and even though some adjustment is needed, it's still better than starting from scratch. V4 hand poses work very well with DawnSE.

I hope this clears out any doubts about what the script does, and what it doesn't. Please ask me if you have any questions. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have recorded a demonstration video to show how to use the script, what features it has, and examples with loading/converting DAZ Studio 4 DUF poses from 3 different figures. Check the video out to learn more about the script with real world examples.

RobZhena

Adventurous
Hi, Ken. If, God forbid, I ever have to downgrade to Poser 12, this will be a life saver, I use Genesis 2 poses all the time with other figures, and the loss of DSON was a dealbreaker. But since I convert all DSON figures to Poser native, I could actually live with Poser 12 now. Of course, I still have to do the conversion in Poser 11 with Creators Toybox, unless you might build a script to take over that job…? And I really hate the demise of the simple tab in the material room.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh yes, this tool will be especially helpful to those who use Genesis in Poser, and I estimate there might be a good number of people doing that. My script does the job many times faster than DSON, because it parses the DUF files directly. For instance, it is faster to load a DUF pose from this script than to load one from the Poser library, and certainly much faster than loading from DSON.

So what conversion do you need Creators Toybox for?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So what conversion do you need Creators Toybox for?
He's probably referring to the fact all of Netherworks scripts don't work in P12 because of the upgrade to Python 3, and Joe's not around anymore to do the upgrading.

I know I'm feeling the pain, as I have close to 2 dozen of his scripts, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to use them in P12.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think he was referring to using Creators Toybox to do some part of the DSON Genesis conversion to Poser. I was asking what that was.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
As far as I remember, we just converted the rigging to TriAx, and exported to CR2. With G8 there were some extra steps, but I don't recall what they were.

RobZhena

Adventurous
File Optimizer massages any DSON figure, clothing, prop, etc. saved in your Poser library into a Poser native file and extracts and saves the duf-embedded obj as a permanent reference. From then on, there is no DSON call.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh I see, thanks for explaining. I thought DSON doesn't work anymore. D3D has standalone tools for file cleaning that don't depend on Poser versions. I didn't know DUF had embedded geometries. In all content I made for DS, geometry was always stored on its own folder as DSF files. I wonder in what situation geometry gets embedded on DUFs?

RobZhena

Adventurous
Yeah, DSON doesn’t work in Poser 12, which is the problem. D3D’s software for Mac is 32 bit and doesn’t run anymore. SOL, as they say with duf in Poser 12 for me.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In my last attempt, DSON didn't work for me in Poser 11 either. I used to load props and hair from DS to use in Poser with it, but that has stopped working a long time ago.