• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Question for Poser users...I've been trying to get the brows and eyelashes to match without going to red...more looking for a medium brown. This what I have so far...is this a close enough match? I'm worried if I go lighter it will become redder.
I'm finding it hard to match the DS ones even though I started with the same colours using the rgb values.

I'm not familiar enough with Poser materials to know what I should be adjusting here...of course different lights will give a different impact. I've been using Fabi's developer lights without AO
View attachment 7367
It's a bit hard sometimes to match Daz and Poser colors, but I think you did a pretty good job of it. You could possibly add a blender node, but I think they look fine.

You can always switch to the default lighting setting, or studio soft left and see how they look. Turning on the AO will make them darker not sure on the redness factor though.

It's also a little easier to start with Poser materials first and then convert to Daz, but I know you are a native Daz user so no worries!

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...I've been looking at other characters to see how they are set up as I haven't done this before...it's all very new. I'm finding the time I spent in Shader Mixer has really helped with finding my way around the advanced tab in Poser as even though the nodes are different it's similar in some ways.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Actually, I have been meaning to take a day and experiment with all the node settings. I just haven't gotten around to it yet! I need to check out Shader Mixer!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree with Satira and Sanbie, Pen. I think they're close enough as well, and I like the way her lips look. You did a nice job on them, as a young child's lips would be smoother than adults.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just a quick mention it has been noticed in DS that using default lighting the lashes are darker than the brows. Some of this is due to the way default lighting is set up. They're okay in using uberlight sets like the sunlight ds ones or fashion lights and the white uber lights I test with, probably because these lights are set up to specifically to show specular and translucency.

So the question is would you want a mat set for default lighting?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just to keep people in the loop...I submitted Diva yesterday and just received the notification that she has been accepted and is now in QAV.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
:oopsie: Should have been Diva. I've fixed it. Yep...and she's been accepted....:bounce:

My heart was in my mouth yesterday so it was a wonderful thing to wake up to an acceptance email. Now it's fingers crossed that she gets through QAV...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
She has to get through QAV first...don't want to get ahead of myself. I'm just happy to finally get her finished and submitted. I can finally get on with some of the other projects...like Davi for Dusk.;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree with Satira. There isn't going to be anything major. You did a wonderful job on her. ;)