• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
These are all great, Pen. You've put in a lot of work on this, and it shows. She is just adorable!

I know this probably has been addressed, and if so, I'm sorry for making you repeat yourself. But with the rigging changes that you had to do (if I remember correctly), will Diva be able to wear Dawn clothing, or will she need her own separate wardrobe?

Also - I really like the name Davi for her male counterpart also. It's quite a unique name at least in the U.S. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Seliah,

In DS the clothing will automatically follow when you dial in Diva. As I've mentioned in the past this can sometimes cause crumpling around the chest area. What I have done is created some custom shapes which I can provide as a freebie for a couple of items like the 3Duniverse free bathing suit and also for Mada's fairy dress. Diva will also come with clones for Dusk and baby luna and a lot of this fit's Diva nicely with the addition of a smoothing modifier.
Diva wearing Axel's clothes. His sandals work particularly well.
diva and rocking horse.jpg

In poser it is a bit harder to fit the clothing at least for me and some of this may be due to my lack of knowledge of Poser.

This is one of the reasons I've/We've worked on creating some freebies. Like Cutie Pie and also Traci's outits.

One of the issues in Poser is that you cannot rig against a morph...so we had to reverse source the clothing in DS to get object files for people to use in Poser also.

You can use copy morphs with clothes but this (in my experience) isn't always as good. I'm going to experiment and see if I can come up with some injection files for the shapes I've created for Diva in DS.

Cutie Pie has a dynamic prop so that Poser users can use it in the cloth room. I thought I had an image of it but I can't find it...so I'll do a render in Poser so you can see.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I also wanted to mention that it is not possible to use Dawn's breast morphs on Diva...at some point I may make some sprite characters that can have them made specifically for them.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks Ram...working on setting up the mc6 files for the eyes in Poser. I got a bit carried away with the eye textures and some are only slightly different but I figure they provide people with choice.
These are one of my favourites...they have more colour and flecks than the other green that is a similar in shade. The other is much softer...
green eyes 1.jpg

Other green for comparison
green eyes.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you like them NA. So you could understand how I got up to 18 different eye materials then? I just couldn't choose between them and I had to forcibly stop myself. At some point I'm going to need to do an eye pack with different eyes.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yes, please do!! =) I would be in for that if you did! Love those and the blue ones too and the amber! I do know what you mean!! So many flower mats !! LOL But I sort of feel that it makes it better for the customer as in more bang for your buck.

Really think the Regalia set should of been split into two/three sets, but that's how they wanted to market it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL, yeah and at some point I would like to get back to those fantasy textures and maybe the mermaid tail for Diva and Harry LOL!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh yes...they are higher on the list. I haven't forgotten them...I just need more time in the day.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's actually what I'm using Satira...I'm much happier since Miss B told me about filtering.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hope you don't mind me posting him here Pen. If you want me to delete him no problem! Diva dialed in 100 percent + a tiny bit of Dusk clone. Diva chin morphs, cheek morphs, nose morphs, and thinned upper and lower lips.

Got some portion dial spins in there and increased size of his feet and hands as per a small bit larger in males at this age. Fiddled with the nose bridge and chin to neck transition. Abs need a bit of work. Dusk's medium SSS mat.
Zan copy.jpg
Zan2 copy.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Question for Poser users...I've been trying to get the brows and eyelashes to match without going to red...more looking for a medium brown. This what I have so far...is this a close enough match? I'm worried if I go lighter it will become redder.
I'm finding it hard to match the DS ones even though I started with the same colours using the rgb values.

I'm not familiar enough with Poser materials to know what I should be adjusting here...of course different lights will give a different impact. I've been using Fabi's developer lights without AO
still gettting there.png