• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DAZ Studio - versions, interface issues, etc....

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Have you tried looking at the screen through a pair of sunglasses...you know the proper pair...I have a pair that slips over my glasses and I can put them on if my eyes play up too much

I actually use special glasses for the computer screen - very expensive special glasses.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Oh well so much for that idea lol...Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your eyes

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hey guys maybe you can help me out here, finally got my secondary computer up and going again but now DS is packing a hissy fit. I get it all set up like I want, view port on one screen, the tabs I want where I want but if I close DS down the reopen it POOF! all gone.
How the blazes do I get it to stay?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Dreamer, I haven't upgraded my DS since version 4.0 Pro, so don't know what the latest version of DS' UI is like, but I've always saved my preferred layout in each version of DS in the Window Menu > Workspace > Save Layout As. Then if something happens to mess it up, you can go to the Window Menu > Workspace > Select Layout to get it back.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, then I don't know what to tell you, as I've never used any of the newer versions of DS from 4.5 and up.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
its frustrating as I know I had it set up fine before and have got it set right on the main computer just stumped as to why its not working now

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If you go to Window>Workspace>Save Layout, you can save it how you like. That way you can add the Panes/tabs that you want, and then save it with a custom name for the future. Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's what I had suggested too Dak. I just wasn't sure if that was true with the later versions of DS, but it's what I did with all the earlier versions of DS I did use regularly.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
If you go to Window>Workspace>Save Layout, you can save it how you like. That way you can add the Panes/tabs that you want, and then save it with a custom name for the future. Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.
Yeah I had tried that and it wouldn't save it at all. Not sure what was going on but its working now.
I ended up installing DS3, setting that up how I want then did DS4 and blow me down if now it works, go figure lol

Miss B

CV-BEE
Weird that DS4 liked how DS3 was set up, and copied it. I used it in DS2 and DS3 all the time, and never had a problem. Even my DS 4.0, but then again, I still have DS 3A installed, so maybe that's the trick. I just never realized it made a difference.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Thing is Miss B the other computer doesn't have DS3 on it and DS4 still does as its told, its weird but then that is what I have come to expect from DS

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you got it sorted Dreamer...I find it normally stays unless I crash before closing DS. Saving is always best though, not sure if the latest version is different as I haven't done much with it yet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That is weird then. Are they both running the same OS? I'm still on Win7 Pro, and before that I was using WinXP. I wonder if Win10 has some issues? Well it has issues, but I'm thinking in terms of this.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Both on the same OS, win7. Before we moved had had it all set up, only thing that changed was I swapped one of the screens out but that should hardly send things off the rails as I have had to do that a few times now what with screens dieing