• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, all of a sudden I remembered someone doing a dynamic necklace, and I just remembered who, and where it's located.

The person who did it is 3dcheapskate, and it's at ShareCG. This is the type of link chain I was thinking of, though of course heaver and wider, as a necklace should be more delicate than a purse strap. This should give you some idea of what I was thinking of earlier.

Poser Dynamic Necklaces

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, that's a hard question to answer Earl, as some women consider shoes, and matching handbags, sacred, so have tons of them. When I was working full time, I had at least one pair in each of the basic colors in my wardrobe, so at least one each of black, medium grey, navy, brown, tan, and even a light beige/cream or white for the summer. Not sure I ever had any shades of red, even though it was my favorite color for clothing, and I was not a fan of green for clothing or accessories.

Then again, you have to consider more than one "style" shoe in each color for different times of the year. I often wore sling-back, open toed shoes in the summer, but closed pumps during the spring, fall and winter months.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay then... Would you say this was a reasonable selection of shoe styles for one woman to have? Bear in mind I have no idea if some of these are duplicate styles or not. Feel free to add something you think a woman should have.

Types Of Women's Casual Shoes
  • Wedges. A wedge heel can give an outfit a more polished look without actually having to wear excruciating heels. ...
  • Lace Ups. Lace ups is a catch all term for any shoes that fastens with laces. ...
  • Wellington Boots. ...
  • Mules. ...
  • Gladiator sandals. ...
  • Heels. ...
  • Court Shoes. ...
  • Ankle Boots.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure what "Court Shoes" would look like, but I think you've pretty much put together a good list.

The only thing I would think about is, with Wedges, you can have "just" wedge heels, OR, you can have them a little higher, and have a slight "platform" under the front sole of the shoes.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I have these shoes for Vicky4. Sometimes the vendor does them higher, and sometimes the platform's a bit lower. In either case, the heel portion would be proportional.

PlatformWedges.jpg

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I know it's been awhile, but just need to ask what's a good number of shoes for the average woman?

Lessee: steel toecap work boots, wellington boots, hiking boots, long riding boots, short riding boots, training shoes, deck shoes, comfy slippers, medieval slippers, medieval ankle boots, Victorian ankle boots, that's eleven.

Uh... maybe that's not average though. :whistling:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have sneakers/runners, thongs (yes that's what we call flip-flops deal with it lol), sandals, long boots and ankle boots (both zipper and lace=up kinds) and slippers. I don't do heals :)

Miss B, this from Wiki - A court shoe (British English), or pump (American English), is a shoe with a low-cut front, or vamp, and without a fastening. For the traditional formal menswear, the style is sometimes called an opera slipper or patent leather pump.

these are 20th court shoes from wiki as well and this is the shape I think of when someone says court shoes (with or without a heal)

eclark1894

Visionary
Lessee: steel toecap work boots, wellington boots, hiking boots, long riding boots, short riding boots, training shoes, deck shoes, comfy slippers, medieval slippers, medieval ankle boots, Victorian ankle boots, that's eleven.

Uh... maybe that's not average though. :whistling:
What about boots?:unsure:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm certainly not average either. I own a pair of pumps, which I bought when I had to go somewhere dressy. I wore them maybe three or four times, but I haven't worn them in over ten years. That's the only pair of shoes I have with any kind of a heel, and it's not even that high a heel.

My everyday pair of shoes are Merrell's Jungle Moc Slip Ons or FitFlop's SuperLoafer Slip-On. The minute I walk in the door at home though, I exchange them for my Glerups Model A Wool Slippers. Which ... I just purchased a second pair to keep at work.

I'm on the lookout for a pair of slip on wool street shoes. I've found several that use laces. And ... I just don't do laces anymore.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I own a pair of pumps, which I bought when I had to go somewhere dressy

Here's where language always trips me up. While I was growing up, 'pumps' referred to the type of slip-on gym shoes with a flat sole and elasticated bits either side of a central tongue, that you wore for indoor PE (Physical Education) classes at primary (junior) school. Not in the least bit dressy!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Miss B, this from Wiki - A court shoe (British English), or pump (American English), is a shoe with a low-cut front, or vamp, and without a fastening. For the traditional formal menswear, the style is sometimes called an opera slipper or patent leather pump.

these are 20th court shoes from wiki as well and this is the shape I think of when someone says court shoes (with or without a heal)
OK, I was thinking of "court" shoes as something a Lady would wear to Court (as in to see the Queen), so yes the image you uploaded is pretty much what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.

I would refer to something like that as a "dressy" pump, similar in style to what Satira posted, except her style would be more a shoe I'd wear to work, as the fabric is more everyday wear.

Hornet3d

Wise
Here's where language always trips me up. While I was growing up, 'pumps' referred to the type of slip-on gym shoes with a flat sole and elasticated bits either side of a central tongue, that you wore for indoor PE (Physical Education) classes at primary (junior) school. Not in the least bit dressy!

In my school days such shoes were called daps although I have no idea why and it was a long, long time ago.