• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Visionary
Good news is the morphs work. Bad news is the textures don't. "Lucy, I got some some more modeling to do!":sneaky:

upload_2018-7-19_12-39-10.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm liking the general shape of the purse. Am I correct in assuming the textures are stretching? Is that what I'm seeing on the sides, and across the top, of the purse? If not, what exactly is going wrong?

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm liking the general shape of the purse. Am I correct in assuming the textures are stretching? Is that what I'm seeing on the sides, and across the top, of the purse? If not, what exactly is going wrong?
I'm not completely sure what's going on, but the texture map I used was used for the coach bag not this purse. So that's the most likely culprit.

Miss B

CV-BEE
If it worked on one purse, it should work on the other. They should have 2 separate UV maps, so should be able to be textured with the same texture.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just for the record, I've had a lot of irons in the fire lately, but I will be returning to the purse tonight. Hopefully, I will have something to post before I go to bed.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, well, more good news, bad news. Morph is working, but there's a problem. Got a small case of wandering purse when I use it. Look ma, the purse floats! The texture is better, but I think I can do better. Also, I deleted the strap. Think I'll do a chain strap for it.
upload_2018-7-30_20-2-50.png

upload_2018-7-30_20-4-41.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW, a flying purse. :D So when you open the flap up it raises the purse off the table? Hmmmmm, how did you set up the morph, because I would think a rotation would only open the flap up, as you would need a translation to move it up off the table.

BTW, the texture's looking good, and I think you're right about the chain strap looking better.

eclark1894

Visionary
WOW, a flying purse. :D So when you open the flap up it raises the purse off the table? Hmmmmm, how did you set up the morph, because I would think a rotation would only open the flap up, as you would need a translation to move it up off the table.

BTW, the texture's looking good, and I think you're right about the chain strap looking better.
Working on the chain strap now, but I've got to get to bed. Work in the morning. Also, as you know, Trekkiegrrl help me with the morph movement.

eclark1894

Visionary
I do have one other problem that I noticed, and not quite sure how to fix it or even if I should bother. The purse doesn't "open" it "transforms" from closed to opened. Either way it looks good and does what it's supposed to. It would really only be an issue in an animation.

upload_2018-7-31_6-18-15.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Might as well ask, Should the shoulder strap be rigged as a conformer, or dynamic. I'll be honest, I'd rather stay away from conforming at this point because even though I'm making the purse for Dawn, I want Pauline, Roxie, and PE to be able to use it as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've never tried a dynamic chain link, but I can't imagine it wouldn't work.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've never tried a dynamic chain link, but I can't imagine it wouldn't work.
Well, it should work, but that's why I'm making the chain separate from the purse. In a cloth sim the chain would have to collide with everything in the scene. Even itself. Basically, you put it in the rigid cloth group, then just let it drape. Neat thing is, if it works for that, you can also get this:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, it would have to collide with itself. I set that up for cloth as well. That top necklace is the type of chain I'm thinking for the purse, though probably a little bit wider.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know if it has a specific name, as I just think of it as a link chain. The second necklace you uploaded looks more like a solid rope.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
its hard to tell but I think the first one (on the white bust) is rope chain

the second one could be a snake chain

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know, now that I see them close up, I think you're correct Rae, and I like that rope chain.