• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • Pick up your free items and join our Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge.

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Renowned
Well, since I'm creating some props for Dawn and eventually Dusk, I thought I'd see if I could model a proper shopping environment for her. I seen stores made for V4 like shopping centers and malls. Even small convenience stores. That last one was in Japanese though. I want something a little more American, so I want to model it after a supermarket. This ought to keep me busy for a while. But I think I'll start with a small boutique or handbag and shoe store set up, and grow from there.

eclark1894

Renowned
I need a little input on women's shoe store layouts. Much of what I'm seeing online looks like they were actually putting together a shoe art gallery.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I'm liking that second one. I often see shoes arranged like that, but they're usually more crowded, so not as "pretty" a display. I also find most shoe stores have purses, and other accessories, near the front of the store, not in among the shoe displays.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I agree. All those stools to sit on? I don't think so, and leave the shoes on the walls, and get rid of some of the tables.

Leana

Enthusiast
The first pic looks like a "very expensive shoe" store to me ;)
Second one looks more like what we have in "regular" stores around here, but usually the shelves would be a bit longer so that there would be space for at least 2 or 3 pairs on each shelf.
And usually you would only have one shoe for each model, with sometimes color variations of the same model together.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh right, show off color variations, and longer shelves. Good ideas Leana. :)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Go for it Earl!
The shoe stores I shop in wouldn't be full of just high heels, so maybe include some everyday shoes as well as megaheels. :)

eclark1894

Renowned
Well, this isn't the shoe store layout I wanted. I was sure I had saved one though. I'll look again. In the meantime, here's a Supermarket layout I'm considering. Think I'll be using Blender's Archimesh with this one. Hmm, I just noticed something. Is it just me... or is there no Frozen foods section in this layout?o_O

Attachments

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's a very nice layout Earl, and you're right. There's no indication of a frozen foods section. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't make one of those sections for frozen foods, and I can't believe they only have 4 checkout counters. We have 6 in my local supermarket. With only 4, the lines would be verrrrry long. :(

eclark1894

Renowned
I like this layout , but not that crazy about the tables in the middle. I'd push it back into the store a bit and have my checkout counters up front at the entrance/exit.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We have eight lanes. Of course, only two are ever open at a time. :sneaky:
I find that true in the middle of the day when it's not busy, but come 5:30pm to 6:30pm with all the little worker bees coming home, it gets crowded enough for them to have all of them open, with the 2 at each end as express lanes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like this layout , but not that crazy about the tables in the middle. I'd push it back into the store a bit and have my checkout counters up front at the entrance/exit.
Yes I agree, and just take into consideration that not all shoe stores are that wide, at least not the ones I see in shopping malls.