• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, since I'm creating some props for Dawn and eventually Dusk, I thought I'd see if I could model a proper shopping environment for her. I seen stores made for V4 like shopping centers and malls. Even small convenience stores. That last one was in Japanese though. I want something a little more American, so I want to model it after a supermarket. This ought to keep me busy for a while. But I think I'll start with a small boutique or handbag and shoe store set up, and grow from there.

eclark1894

Visionary
I need a little input on women's shoe store layouts. Much of what I'm seeing online looks like they were actually putting together a shoe art gallery.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I'm liking that second one. I often see shoes arranged like that, but they're usually more crowded, so not as "pretty" a display. I also find most shoe stores have purses, and other accessories, near the front of the store, not in among the shoe displays.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I agree. All those stools to sit on? I don't think so, and leave the shoes on the walls, and get rid of some of the tables.

Leana

Enthusiast
The first pic looks like a "very expensive shoe" store to me ;)
Second one looks more like what we have in "regular" stores around here, but usually the shelves would be a bit longer so that there would be space for at least 2 or 3 pairs on each shelf.
And usually you would only have one shoe for each model, with sometimes color variations of the same model together.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh right, show off color variations, and longer shelves. Good ideas Leana. :)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Go for it Earl!
The shoe stores I shop in wouldn't be full of just high heels, so maybe include some everyday shoes as well as megaheels. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, this isn't the shoe store layout I wanted. I was sure I had saved one though. I'll look again. In the meantime, here's a Supermarket layout I'm considering. Think I'll be using Blender's Archimesh with this one. Hmm, I just noticed something. Is it just me... or is there no Frozen foods section in this layout?o_O

Attachments

• supermarketlayout 1.gif
    supermarketlayout 1.gif
    102.9 KB · Views: 392

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's a very nice layout Earl, and you're right. There's no indication of a frozen foods section. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't make one of those sections for frozen foods, and I can't believe they only have 4 checkout counters. We have 6 in my local supermarket. With only 4, the lines would be verrrrry long. :(

eclark1894

Visionary
I like this layout , but not that crazy about the tables in the middle. I'd push it back into the store a bit and have my checkout counters up front at the entrance/exit.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We have eight lanes. Of course, only two are ever open at a time. :sneaky:
I find that true in the middle of the day when it's not busy, but come 5:30pm to 6:30pm with all the little worker bees coming home, it gets crowded enough for them to have all of them open, with the 2 at each end as express lanes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like this layout , but not that crazy about the tables in the middle. I'd push it back into the store a bit and have my checkout counters up front at the entrance/exit.
Yes I agree, and just take into consideration that not all shoe stores are that wide, at least not the ones I see in shopping malls.