Dawn Goes Shopping

Discussion in 'Developing for Dawn' started by eclark1894, May 12, 2018.

1. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Anybody remember this old thing?:sneaky:
    [​IMG]

Rae134 likes this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

YES! I totally forgot about that purse. You should finish it.

3. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Working on it now. I finished, or mostly finished the Asst. Coach bag. And this one is almost done from before. But I'm redoing some of the mesh. I'm actually amused by what I did.o_O

4. Miss B

Oh I know what you mean. I usually sit here shaking my head when I start exploring the mesh of an old project. It's amazing what I've learned over the years.

5. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Made a few changes, but nothing drastic. I got rid of the lettering because I don't need it. I can do the letters now in Blender easier. This is more or less just a box with a flip over flap. I believe I can take of that with a morph. And I'm going to make a second version with a chain strap. I'm not happy with the texture though. I can't really see any detail, so I need to track down a similar purse for reference.

upload_2018-7-12_1-44-53.png

Miss B and Rae134 like this.
  6. Miss B

What don't you like about the texture? Are you using a bump or displacement map to make it look more realistic? You also should try a different color other than black, as it may show up better.

I also like your idea of a link chain, as it was the first thing I thought of when you posted the old HW purse. Some styles look good with chain straps.

7. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

It's not black, it's dark green. I'm just thinking out loud.

8. Miss B

AHA!! I just took a closer look, and now I see the green.

9. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Gonna take a break for a day or two. I was just in a small fender bender. Must be Friday the 13th.

10. Miss B

Oh, I hope you're OK Earl. Take care of yourself.