• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember this old thing?:sneaky:

eclark1894

Visionary
YES! I totally forgot about that purse. You should finish it.
Working on it now. I finished, or mostly finished the Asst. Coach bag. And this one is almost done from before. But I'm redoing some of the mesh. I'm actually amused by what I did.o_O

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I know what you mean. I usually sit here shaking my head when I start exploring the mesh of an old project. It's amazing what I've learned over the years.

eclark1894

Visionary
Made a few changes, but nothing drastic. I got rid of the lettering because I don't need it. I can do the letters now in Blender easier. This is more or less just a box with a flip over flap. I believe I can take of that with a morph. And I'm going to make a second version with a chain strap. I'm not happy with the texture though. I can't really see any detail, so I need to track down a similar purse for reference.

upload_2018-7-12_1-44-53.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What don't you like about the texture? Are you using a bump or displacement map to make it look more realistic? You also should try a different color other than black, as it may show up better.

I also like your idea of a link chain, as it was the first thing I thought of when you posted the old HW purse. Some styles look good with chain straps.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I was having some doubts about finishing the new purse I'm working on because it has a flip top lid on it. I needed to make a morph but couldn't figure out how to do it with the least amount of having to re model. built that means changing some vertices around and even possibly eliminating some which would keep me from being able to make a morph. But I think I've found the answer.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm still NOT going to add morphs to the Asst. Coach bag or put a shoulder strap on it. but the Hivewire purse with the flip top, I think I can finish now. I'm going to use something I didn't even know Blender had. A Bend modifier.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I did it. Used a method I did not even know existed. I didn't know yo0u could do it, but you can change the pivot point of rotaion in Blender on any part of the mesh. And it's fairly easy to do. In fact, the toughest part, assuming you've modeled it correctly with the expectation to move that part of the mesh is to make sure that you have all of the mesh you wish to have pivot, selected.

Now to see if I can get this to make a morph.