• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, the more I think about it, especially since you mention the short and shoulder length straps, you could just make the straps dynamic, so they lay properly on the bag when it's, for instance, sitting on a table. If you look at the photo you posted above, you can see what I mean with a couple of the purses. Needless to say, they wouldn't need a lot of dynamics, just enough to make them "relax" enough so they aren't standing up straight.

Also for a purse with two handles, then a morph to get the handles to lay down on each side would be a good option as well.

As far as a choice for your next project, and these are strictly my own preferences, but my first choice would be the purse on the right with the shoulder strap draped in front of it. For a second choice, if I were in the mood to buy one, the tote bag in the back, AND the little "pouch" sitting right in front of it to use inside the tote bag.

Wait for others to comment as far as that goes, because every woman has their own preferences where purses are concerned.

eclark1894

Visionary
OK, the more I think about it, especially since you mention the short and shoulder length straps, you could just make the straps dynamic, so they lay properly on the bag when it's, for instance, sitting on a table. If you look at the photo you posted above, you can see what I mean with a couple of the purses. Needless to say, they wouldn't need a lot of dynamics, just enough to make them "relax" enough so they aren't standing up straight.

Also for a purse with two handles, then a morph to get the handles to lay down on each side would be a good option as well.

As far as a choice for your next project, and these are strictly my own preferences, but my first choice would be the purse on the right with the shoulder strap draped in front of it. For a second choice, if I were in the mood to buy one, the tote bag in the back, AND the little "pouch" sitting right in front of it to use inside the tote bag.

Wait for others to comment as far as that goes, because every woman has their own preferences where purses are concerned.
Actually, I think I already know my next project. Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to do those Rhinestones without adding a lot of polys to the bag. And yep the chain will be Cloth room friendly. (I hope. ;))
upload_2018-7-9_12-53-22.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not being a Poser user (except for the occasional product texture test) I don't know the cloth room at all so a morph to put the handles up like its being carried and down when its sitting on a table would benefit me. But in saying that, if the handles are attached properly I could probably get it to work in dForce (like I said, as long as it is welded properly so it doesn't explode which it should be if it can be used in the cloth room).

The image on the far right of the brown bags most closely looks like the type I use (with the crossbody long strap) so that's the one I'd go for (the pouch looking one is different and cute too).

The rhinestone one is cute too, I'm wondering if you could do the stones as a texture and bump/displacement (although SF doesn't really like Disp)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
From what I know of the cloth room it turns mesh into meush. Give it a try. I think it would be better to go with it being a prop and having morphs.

I like the bag on the far left.

eclark1894

Visionary
Not being a Poser user (except for the occasional product texture test) I don't know the cloth room at all so a morph to put the handles up like its being carried and down when its sitting on a table would benefit me. But in saying that, if the handles are attached properly I could probably get it to work in dForce (like I said, as long as it is welded properly so it doesn't explode which it should be if it can be used in the cloth room).

The image on the far right of the brown bags most closely looks like the type I use (with the crossbody long strap) so that's the one I'd go for (the pouch looking one is different and cute too).

The rhinestone one is cute too, I'm wondering if you could do the stones as a texture and bump/displacement (although SF doesn't really like Disp)
That's a bit of misinformation. Superfly has no problem with displacement. It's MICRODISPLACEMENT which gives it pause. When Superfly was introduced, Cycles couldn't do microdisplacement in Blender. That has since been fixed along with Cycles Shadowcatcher. Hopefully both will be in Poser 12.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Actually, I think I already know my next project. Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to do those Rhinestones without adding a lot of polys to the bag. And yep the chain will be Cloth room friendly. (I hope. ;))

I think a fabric like this could work well for that purse: Link removed for Janet because it's not correct.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think a fabric like this could work well for that purse:
Janet, that's the wrong link to the wrong zip file. That's the product you're working on for Luna. ~wags finger at Janet and shakes head~

I'm going to delete that link from your post.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm... Blender's messing with me. I had created the shoulder strap and was working on the metal hardware for the hand bag. Decided to import Dawn for scale and measurements and suddenly the hardware I was working on went bye bye. Found out it was still there, I just couldn't see it unless I looked at it from a certain view. I deleted them and started over.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmm... Blender's messing with me. I had created the shoulder strap and was working on the metal hardware for the hand bag. Decided to import Dawn for scale and measurements and suddenly the hardware I was working on went bye bye. Found out it was still there, I just couldn't see it unless I looked at it from a certain view. I deleted them and started over.
That does sound weird. Usually I find I'm zoomed out too far from the object. Blender's "universe" is huge because it assumes you'll be working on a full scene all the time, so I'm always zooming in to see what I want to work on.

eclark1894

Visionary
That does sound weird. Usually I find I'm zoomed out too far from the object. Blender's "universe" is huge because it assumes you'll be working on a full scene all the time, so I'm always zooming in to see what I want to work on.
I'l be back at it tonight.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's a good length now, and it looks like it's long enough for her to wear it across her body as well.

eclark1894

Visionary
Was wondering whether to add a buckle to the shoulder strap or not. It won't be functional, and will be for looks only. I may change my mind though because I'm seriously thinking about forgetting the Cloth Room stuff, since no one appears to want it anyway, and just adding morphs, which, ironically, I like to make by using the Cloth Room.