• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Visionary
Another prop I'm working on. Asst. Coach bag. I think it's close.:sneaky:

upload_2018-6-19_6-49-2.png

Hornet3d

Wise
The term Pocketbook can be related to a number of different things, a purse or handbag is one, another is a small notebook that can be carried in the pocket and a third could be a reading book, again small enough to be carried in the pocket. I think it has also been used on occasions to describe small folding wallet usually made of leather used to hold notes as in paper money.

eclark1894

Visionary
This is weird. The texture isn't showing on the bag. Just this blueish grey stuff. At least the lettering is coming thorough but that just makes it even MORE mysterious.
upload_2018-7-8_6-39-7.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Weird for sure Earl. How do you have the texture set up in Blender? IOW, can we see a screenshot of your Node setup?

eclark1894

Visionary
Weird for sure Earl. How do you have the texture set up in Blender? IOW, can we see a screenshot of your Node setup?
I'm on the Mac at the moment, and the file is on Laptop. I'll post the screenshot as soon as I switch over, but it's a pretty basic setup. An image map node, a Diffuse shader and the output.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, whenever you get a chance. I have to go to the gym today, so won't be online for a few hours, but I'll take a look at it when I get back.

eclark1894

Visionary
Fixed it! Image texture wasn't being updated.

upload_2018-7-8_13-11-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-8_13-9-53.png
    upload_2018-7-8_13-9-53.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 295
  • upload_2018-7-8_13-10-57.png
    upload_2018-7-8_13-10-57.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
AHA! Now you're in business. ;)

Looking good. The texture in a brown color could look like snakeskin. Well . . . maybe.

eclark1894

Visionary
I think this would work best as a dynamic prop for the cloth room. I'm thinking right now to add a shoulder strap, but that presents a small problem.

upload_2018-7-8_22-18-49.png
upload_2018-7-8_22-20-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-8_22-20-13.png
    upload_2018-7-8_22-20-13.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 284

eclark1894

Visionary
By the way, anybody got any suggestions for strap color/material? I've got a nice brown leather texture I could use for the straps, or would it be better to use the same material the bag is made of?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree with Janet about keeping the strap texture the same as the purse.

One question though, why do you think it should be a prop for the Cloth Room? A purse can be a prop for sure, but if you're going to have a leather texture for it, that makes me think of a solid shaped purse, and not one that could be shaped depending on a pose, like a material purse might.

eclark1894

Visionary
I agree with Janet about keeping the strap texture the same as the purse.

One question though, why do you think it should be a prop for the Cloth Room? A purse can be a prop for sure, but if you're going to have a leather texture for it, that makes me think of a solid shaped purse, and not one that could be shaped depending on a pose, like a material purse might.
Look at the picture I posted of the actual coach bag. Everything sags on it at rest. It will look different when a woman holds it by the short straps, and it will hang differently if it's supported by the shoulder strap. Now, it will mean a little more extra work for me to make it Cloth Room friendly by pre-designating the correct cloth groups for each part of the bag, but I've been thinking for a long time that there should be a set standard for making clothes Cloth Room ready for users. So this bag is a good chance to do that.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, I need some input about handbags in general, and Coach bags in particular. If you've been reading this thread, you know that I'm thinking of making this Asst. Coach bag dynamic. I think it could work, especially for the shoulder strap and hand straps. However, not being a woman and never ever having even seen a Coach bag before (in person) I'm now questioning whether the Cloth room is appropriate. I still believe it would work well in the Cloth Room, and I intend to experiment with it to find a way to make it Cloth room Friendly for the user. But I'd like some feedback. I believe the Cloth room has been much maligned by people who used it once or twice couldn't get it to work for them and scared everyone else off. So, am I barking up the wrong tree? Would just morphs be better?

eclark1894

Visionary
And finally, What will my next handbag look like?
Choose one not all. I'll start on it as soon as I finish the Coach bag. They're all going in my boutique.

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    373.6 KB · Views: 290