• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I googled ab muscles and got a screen grab.
Ab muscles are more visually noticeable than the face with asymmetry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200112-085049.png
    Screenshot_20200112-085049.png
    604.2 KB · Views: 155

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just wanting to update folks here. I've been having computer problems for some time now, and I'm finally forced to get a new computer. I'm having it made for me and will be able to pick it up next week. I'm excited to have something new, fast and reliable. I've been running Windows 7 forever not wanting to upgrade to 10, but it looks like that will happen now too.

I mention this because this is the reason I won't be posting any morph work for a few more days.
I had to do that just before Thanksgiving, because my 8-year old Win7 Pro laptop had given up the ghost, as the saying goes.

The only thing I can suggest, which Hornet had mentioned in a post here on the forum, if you want to retain the Win7 Start Menu system, go to Stardock.com and get their Start10 app. It's the best $4 and change I've ever spent. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Just wanting to update folks here. I've been having computer problems for some time now, and I'm finally forced to get a new computer. I'm having it made for me and will be able to pick it up next week. I'm excited to have something new, fast and reliable. I've been running Windows 7 forever not wanting to upgrade to 10, but it looks like that will happen now too.

I mention this because this is the reason I won't be posting any morph work for a few more days.

I was among the first to jump to Windows 10. I did it with my whole home rendering/gaming network (8 total; many of those machines built from hand-me-down parts and older hardware). Perhaps I'm remembering it wrong, but with the exception of one machine, the transition went pretty smoothly. I set up all my machines with the traditional windows 7 menuing system. Just go into preference settings and pull most those tiles off of the menu, only leaving the key ones you really use. Also tweak the privacy settings to your liking. I turn off "One Drive" and the login to the "my Microsoft account" as well.

My only real complaint with Windows 10 is the occasional "big" update which often wipes out system wide settings I had tweaked.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Just go into preference settings and pull most those tiles off of the menu, only leaving the key ones you really use. Also tweak the privacy settings to your liking. I turn off "One Drive" and the login to the "my Microsoft account" as well.
I didn't know you could turn off One Drive. i wouldn't use it, so I may look into doing that as well. I would also like to turn off the Windows Password nonsense, though it says if you do so, some apps won't work properly. I'm assuming the apps tied in with the Microsoft account. Of course, I only use one, namely Excel, so maybe I should try doing that, as I've never done that with any of my computers, desktop or laptop. At lease this new puppy is super fast compared to my old laptop. It only takes seconds to boot up, and not much longer to shut down. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
So I spent most of the night and a good portion of this morning switching over to Win 10. There seems to be just enough difference between what I see now and what I saw then to confuse me. I saw the Cortana icon. Interenet explorer has be replaced by Microsoft Edge, A mail icon is on my start bar. In other words, everything's set up differently. And I'm still using Chrome.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, Edge is the default browser on Windows 10. Go to the task across the bottom of the screen and right click. You'll be able to remove things like Edge and Cortana. To add things, right click and select "Add to Task Bar" for the Chrome icon to appear on that bottom task bar.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've tried everything I know to make Blender run, or to update my driver. Can't seem to do either one. Maybe I should roll this thing back to Win 7. It is an old computer. I hope Chris' experiences are better than mine.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, Dakorillon, I saw your sad emoji, but can't say I'm sorry I rolled it back. Blender started right on up this time. I'll probably need to upgrade anyway to run Poser 12, so I'll just get a new computer if I can afford one. :)
I was mostly sad that Blender wasn't working for you. But, if rolling it back helped, then YAY!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I couldn't use it on my old laptop because the OpenGL wasn't high enough. Now it won't be a problem, because newer nVidia GPUs don't use OpenGL at all.

That said, I haven't had time to try it out as yet.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I was supposed to get my new computer this last Tuesday which hasn't happened yet. My computer is ready today but I haven't picked it up because they're supposed to get the data content from my failing hard drive onto the new one, which is taking time. I'm told tonight it should be ready tomorrow. We shall see.

Argh, I hate the waiting.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I know the feeling. Hopefully all will be ready for you when you pick it up tomorrow. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yay!!! I'm up and running again.

I've spent most of today trying to download content and software updates and buying new stuff to get me going. I finally was able to re-download my Modo license tonight and get back up and feeling like I can be productive again. What a relief.

I still have much more to download and get up on my new computer but at least I can spend time at my desk top and not be stuck doing emails from my phone.

I have to wait til next Tuesday until I will be able to recover what was on my old hard drive I'm told. I was able to back up at least latest scene files of all figures and animals I've worked on over the years, so that's a relief.

Here is a screen grab of the last morph I was working on to show that I'm back in the pocket now, which is a nice place to be.

Uberwork200.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ken Gilliland, I thank you for your input on setting up Windows 10 to mimic the classic Windows 7 look. Great move. I'm much more comfortable with that look.

Also I have Chrome set up as my default browser, very nice.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I just use a paid add on called 'Start 10' to give a different start menu..

I've been using Windows 10 since well before RTM... which if I remember right was around 2014-15

and Carrara still runs just fine :inverted:
as well as Blender, DS and Poser

also MSEdge browser has been updated and released this week with the chromium engine.. you have to download it. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm sure Blender runs just fine under Win 10. My problem is that I'm on an older model laptop that apparently doesn't have a graphics card, so I coulnd't upgrade the driver like I was supposed to. So I rolled it back to Win 7, and again Blender runs fine on my system. Hopefully, I'll get another computer soon and then I can experience the joy of waiting a few days while I transfer all my files over like Chris has done. :sneaky: