• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I got Classic Shell Start Menu. It was free from that site where you can download all your open source and free programs in one zip file and install it automatically. The name escapes me at the moment.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@3WC are you speaking of SourceForge?
I just checked, and that's where I found it though I like Open Shell better than Classic Shell. Open Shell has All Programs on a separate page/view, which is what I'm used to from my old WinXP and Win7 Start menus.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Lisa and I, and our HiveWire team have decided to make available our current Dawn 2 base OBJ with UVs to artists that intend to create for her with the understanding that their products will be published thru HiveWire.

This OBJ will only be provided upon request. For now please email me at chris@hivewire3d.com and I'll be more than happy to provide a copy for you in order for you to get a jump on your additional products for Dawn 2.

Here is an update on her development to give you an idea for release. Though we will not announce any dates in this forum but will reserve that for a private CA forum to be set up later for those creating for Dawn 2. I will tell you that it is still many months out before Dawn 2 is ready for release. Infact it will still be some time until she has a completed working rig with all her morphs. Paul is now moving onto our HiveWire Tiger for rig adjustment then will move back to finishing up his beautiful rig work on Dawn 2.

We have very recently provided our Dawn 2 to a very competent and talented artist for texture creation. We are very excited to have this artist texture our new girl. We will announce the artist later once paperwork is finalized.

A note on morph development. I've produced by far the majority of her morphs now. Many have been added from the Dawn SE and just many are brand new ones with still more to come.

Yay, we are all getting so excited with every piece of development for Dawn 2.

We appreciate greatly your support and patience.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Excellent news Chris, and I look forward to seeing what goodies CAs come up with for her. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
I hope Tempesta asks. I like her work on characters. Hmm, come to think of it, I might just add a characters category to the Dusk And Dawn page of the Directory.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Decided to go ahead and add the Dusk and Dawn character set Category to the directory. I'm still working on it though. I've added all the vendors from Hivewire that make character sets for either Dusk or Dawn. Still pouring through the vendors at Renderosity.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Working on the Body builder morph. Not quite done yet but it's coming along.

Uberwork206.JPG

Uberwork207.JPG

Uberwork208.JPG

Uberwork209.JPG

eclark1894

Visionary
Looks good, Chris, but I admit I didn't think women could get that muscular. I was wrong. One thing I did notice though as I was looking through the pics is that many of the women are still smaller or Thinner than men. And they seem to have a LOT of veins showing up. I don't expect you to model the veins, but think you might need some displacement maps?

1579603036278.png

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, we could use all of the above. I'm creating what I can with just the mesh morphs.

Normal map work and further sculpts would be the icing on the cake with this for sure.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Looks good, Chris, but I admit I didn't think women could get that muscular. I was wrong. One thing I did notice though as I was looking through the pics is that many of the women are still smaller or Thinner than men. And they seem to have a LOT of veins showing up. I don't expect you to model the veins, but think you might need some displacement maps?

View attachment 55596

Looks like Cory Everson. They don't look like that all the time, only when preparing for a competition. The veins are exposed because they get the body fat down so low, to show the definition in every muscle to its best advantage. Cory was one of the most popular Ms. Olympias. She won it six years in a row, from 1984 to 1989. She had a popular fitness show on ESPN called Bodyshaping.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Looks like Cory Everson. They don't look like that all the time, only when preparing for a competition. The veins are exposed because they get the body fat down so low, to show the definition in every muscle to its best advantage. Cory was one of the most popular Ms. Olympias. She won it six years in a row, from 1984 to 1989. She had a popular fitness show on ESPN called Bodyshaping.

Dana
I agree, but generally, most women, and I think, men, only look really big when they're flexing or posing, not standing in a t-pose. I could be wrong though.

1579637878405.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yes, there are different poses that best show the development of different body parts. That's why you'll see them go through a series of poses in a competition. I don't go out of my way to watch these things. I've seen excerpts now and then. I think some of them look terrible, like a pumped up man with a womans face. Sometimes. Cory was one of the exceptions. Many of them actually get implants because they lose their breasts when they get rid of so much body fat. The bikini tops seem a mere formality. :rolleyes: I probably wouldn't use these morphs much, if at all. But some may be more into that sport.

Dana