• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't think about it at the time, but when I said they were slimmer and smaller than men, I forgot about the dieting they do. And much of the definition you see is highlights from the oil they spread on their bodies for the competition. And much of the curves in a woman's body do tend to come from fat.

1579664206517.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Btw, I found a youTube of Cory Everson giving an interview. There are some scenes from Hercules: The Legendary Adventures in the 90s. Sorry Chris, didn't mean to derail your thread.

eclark1894

Visionary
I like that. I wonder if I animated it and started out at 50% if I could get Dawn into a full flex pose at 100% ? I have to remember to try that when Dawn 2 comes out.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm going to check all the morphs I currently have for Dawn and see if I can animate them before and after. Should be interesting finding out.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
With my health issues plaguing me, and knowing I’ll never move beyond Poser 2014, I have been ignoring the new Dawn... BUT I stumbled onto Chris’s mission statement for the new Dawn and carefully read through it... and with the backward compatibility (for me in regards to clothing) was reassuring..

One thing missing from Dawn S.E. that I’ve always wanted was the ability to have a wide range of facial morphs for true ethnicity and character morphs (and by the way I LOVE the new Dawn’s nose!) ....so now I’m interested! Once I get past my hellish health problems I want to get back to Poser!!! ( Dawn 2 WILL work in Poser 2014, right?)

And of course as long as the gorgeous HW Animals keep being produced I’m happy .... ;)

Anyway Dawn 2 now sounds good to me Chris! :) I’ll keep watching your progress!!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Lyne said: Dawn 2 WILL work in Poser 2014, right?)

Most of it "should" work. Poser 2014 will read most (if not all) the weight mapping and the firefly version of the material correctly. Poser 11 improves the smoothness of joints, improves adaptive rigging and improves subdivision. I'm guessing that it's possible some of the adaptive rigging might not work properly. Adaptive rigging adjusts the joint centers to the full body morph being used. While these features exist in 2014, it depends how they are coded in Poser 11 on whether they will work completely. Poser 11 changes (simplifies) the code in several ways from older versions, and depending on the way coding is written, Poser 2014 may simply ignore blocks of code it doesn't understand. That's how Poser maintains a level of compatibility.

New features like Control Handles and Superfly support, Poser 2014 will, without question, totally ignore. I'm guessing Alisa comment "Paul can best answer whether Dawn 2 will contain features that are only available in Poser 11.2" refers to Control Handles (which are a series of ghost bones which can be used for things like facial expressions, for example).

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well by the time I get well, and then use the computer maybe I can afford Poser 11 :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
PS Is Poser 11 backwards compatible ie: for full functionality of our Animals and clothing for Dawn S.E.?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
PSS (Sorry no edit button) Flint just read me some of the content in 11 so looks like it is! YAY!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I hope Tempesta asks. I like her work on characters. Hmm, come to think of it, I might just add a characters category to the Dusk And Dawn page of the Directory.

I hope that, too. I have bought all of her characters for Dawn, from here and Rosity.

If you haven't done it already, would you consider an ears flat on the side of the head morph? For when she's wearing a helmet or head wrap.

This is indeed a popular request. I have been commissioned to create this morph for a wide variety of figures, old and new. Good to know Dawn 2 will already have this covered. :)

I am getting to see the progress here rather late. For some reason the forum is no longer notifying me when updates are posted. It used to, but not anymore.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Did you check in your account to see if the notifications option wasn't accidentally turned off?