• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
It all depends too on where weight is carried. Not all obese women have a fold across their navel, whether standing or sitting, even when as obese as the Obese2 morph.

Very true. We all carry weight very differently. It will be a challenge to show the variety of looks, so we're going to just showcase a couple. They dont seem to be in high demand but we do want to represent a few. When used in just percentages of full morphs they can greatly enhance a character's uniqueness.

We'll have an Obese, Obese 2, Chubby, and a variety of other regional body morphs.

Frankly I just think it's fun to show the extremes that can be achieved in a quality mesh. Not all current competing figure meshes can showcase these possibilities.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Finished off the Obese and Obese 2 morphs, as well as a Chubby.

Here is the Obese 2. This will look better when posed and leaning back to balance the belly weight.

Uberwork240.JPG

Uberwork241.JPG

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A while back, Chris has shown us the morph that smooths out the cleavage, basically joining the breasts together, and it is possible some here may not know where that would be useful. When women wear shirts and blouses, these don't crease at the middle like it usually happens in 3D clothing. In the example below, I have modeled this hoodie to keep a smooth surface between the breasts, which is how it happens in the real world - no deep creases in the middle.

However, whenever we apply a body morph that changes the breasts shapes, the clothing will most likely create this DEEP crease at the center automatically because morph projects will try to make the clothing conform to the body shape. It doesn't care about how clothing works in the real world.

Well, this is where the cleavage smoothing morph comes in. It pushes the crease out of the body, which makes fixing the shape easier. Ideally, it would be good if we could use this morph when projecting the body shape, so there wouldn't be a crease in the first place. This is not Dawn's fault - it happens with all figures and clothing.

So if your character uses a body morph that changes breast shape, and is wearing clothing, you will probably need this morph. Below you can see how natural and realistic clothing looks when they don't crease between the breasts. Most people may have never used this cleavage smoothing morph, but this is where it comes handy. Some people may jump to the conclusion that this morph is only for when creating 2nd skin clothing, but no, there is this other case that comes handy in nearly every time I create a custom character that is wearing something. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I love that "feline" nose morph we have with DawnSE. I don't quite recall if Dawn 2 already has that, but it's really awesome. I have used it when making a character look like those blue felines from the Avatar movie, and it was a pretty good match with very little effort, ^____^