• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A while back, Chris has shown us the morph that smooths out the cleavage, basically joining the breasts together, and it is possible some here may not know where that would be useful. When women wear shirts and blouses, these don't crease at the middle like it usually happens in 3D clothing. In the example below, I have modeled this hoodie to keep a smooth surface between the breasts, which is how it happens in the real world - no deep creases in the middle.
Funny you should mention this, as I picked up a new bodysuit for La Femme recently, and the vendor included a morph from the LF dev kit, and this is exactly what it does, and it looks so more natural. The default body shape is nice for a bathing suit, but I don't like it for hoodies, as you've designed, t-shirts, or tops of dresses that aren't supposed to be very fitted.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Funny you should mention this, as I picked up a new bodysuit for La Femme recently, and the vendor included a morph from the LF dev kit, and this is exactly what it does, and it looks so more natural. The default body shape is nice for a bathing suit, but I don't like it for hoodies, as you've designed, t-shirts, or tops of dresses that aren't supposed to be very fitted.

Exactly. Conforming clothing to body shapes tends to crush the clothing between the breasts, and compress it at the middle, creating an ugly crease that typically also gets pushed inside the chest. Even with the awesome morphing tool, it can be hard to get it back out, and this cleavage smoothing morph can do that for us. I bet a lot of people didn't know or have realized that. That's a morph people should be using more than they do, and it has nothing to do with 2nd skin clothing.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, we have the Feline nose morph.

Uberwork255.JPG

estherau

Ken1171 i have been wanting something like that for V4 as well. People would be able to copy the bodymorph into the clothing from the poser figure that had that type of morph. BTW that hoodie you made looks totally real, especially with that morph to smooth between the breasts, and also because of the texture and style. really good work.
Love esther

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ken1171 i have been wanting something like that for V4 as well. People would be able to copy the bodymorph into the clothing from the poser figure that had that type of morph. BTW that hoodie you made looks totally real, especially with that morph to smooth between the breasts, and also because of the texture and style. really good work.
Love esther

Thanks, Esther. I bet many of us have never used that cleavage smoothing morph on DawnSE in all these years, but it's there, and Dawn 2.0 has it, too. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I hesitate to ask because I don't want to sound or be greedy, or demanding but are these morphs going to b for be made for Diva, or at least will they work on her? Assuming there will be a Diva 2.0. I ask because I'm wondering if Dawn can blow, like a birthday cake candle, a kiss, bubbles, a pinwheel, dandelion seeds, etc.

Carey

Extraordinary
I like "real" people like Aunt Lucy that makes such good sugar cookies or chief Potowanbe"s Daughter who does such great rain dances...You know....some one that's had six kids and now has to pee every twenty minutes....lol

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You know, I hesitate to ask because I don't want to sound or be greedy, or demanding but are these morphs going to b for be made for Diva, or at least will they work on her? Assuming there will be a Diva 2.0.

Diva is not a HiveWire figure. She is a character created by one of our CAs

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Chris, Traci (Glitterati) started a thread over at Renderosity which had a point I hadn't considered. Dawn predates Poser Superfly. Will Dawn 2.0 include materials for Superfly AND Firefly? I suppose that's a pertinent question for DS users too. I don't use DS, so I don't know if that's a moot point.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris, Traci (Glitterati) started a thread over at Renderosity which had a point I hadn't considered. Dawn predates Poser Superfly. Will Dawn 2.0 include materials for Superfly AND Firefly? I suppose that's a pertinent question for DS users too. I don't use DS, so I don't know if that's a moot point.

Certainly so.