• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris, how about making sure you include a pair of undergarments for her that covers her in every morph?

Yes I will create a one piece swim suit type set up that we'll be able to remove the center section. But I'm going to create more body morphs first. Then copy the body mesh into the new swimsuit and all the body morphs will carry into the new swimsuit.

So that's the plan.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Let me chat with Lisa and we can discuss this a bit more. What we want to avoid is the reaction we got from artist's early on with our first Dawn release. People judged her harshly from her first set of maps and the lack of supportive morphs.
I remember even some of the members of the early development pre-release team at RDNA were extremely harsh knowing the product was still in development. Once bitten twice shy eh? I can't really blame you, though Art_of_mind's points have merit too.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Body Thin.

Dawn2Work514.JPG

Dawn2Work515.JPG

Dawn2Work516.JPG

Dawn2Work518.JPG

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking good, Chris! When sculpting younger characters with thin legs on DawnSE, that tends to require heavy JCM surgery on the thighs. Making the thighs thinner dramatically affects leg posing because of the way it was rigged. Although I have used DawnSE for years, I have only noticed this when I sculpted physiques that included thinner thighs. That's when I realized the rigging was only meant to work with the default or thicker thighs. It's something that results from the combination of rigging and body sculpting. I was wondering how that will be with the new Dawn.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking good, Chris! When sculpting younger characters with thin legs on DawnSE, that tends to require heavy JCM surgery on the thighs. Making the thighs thinner dramatically affects leg posing because of the way it was rigged. Although I have used DawnSE for years, I have only noticed this when I sculpted physiques that included thinner thighs. That's when I realized the rigging was only meant to work with the default or thicker thighs. It's something that results from the combination of rigging and body sculpting. I was wondering how that will be with the new Dawn.

Yeah, not sure. We'll have to see when Paul is able to get back on the rig. He's packing up our Reindeer right now, then will be checking out our Tiger.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Don't know if this was suggested, requested or already accomplished; asymmetrical face and body morphs, arms and legs could probably be skipped but you could include in the base figure at least one head left, right option along with an abdominal left and right option.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Don't know if this was suggested, requested or already accomplished; asymmetrical face and body morphs, arms and legs could probably be skipped but you could include in the base figure at least one head left, right option along with an abdominal left and right option.

I like the idea of asymmetrical face morphs.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I do as well and, if at all possible, the ears as well. I mention it because I found out a long time ago my left ear is ever so slightly lower than my right, so when I put on my glasses, they look ever so slightly tilted.

If it's not possible, then no problem, just something I thought of when AoM mentioned asymmetrical face morphs.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Just wanting to update folks here. I've been having computer problems for some time now, and I'm finally forced to get a new computer. I'm having it made for me and will be able to pick it up next week. I'm excited to have something new, fast and reliable. I've been running Windows 7 forever not wanting to upgrade to 10, but it looks like that will happen now too.

I mention this because this is the reason I won't be posting any morph work for a few more days.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Just wanting to update folks here. I've been having computer problems for some time now, and I'm finally forced to get a new computer. I'm having it made for me and will be able to pick it up next week. I'm excited to have something new, fast and reliable. I've been running Windows 7 forever not wanting to upgrade to 10, but it looks like that will happen now too.

I mention this because this is the reason I won't be posting any morph work for a few more days.
Great! Be sure to get the Pro version of Windows 10! You'll thank me later! ;)

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Yeah, I've been avoiding Windows 10 as well, but then, I've always been a Mac user, so getting used to Win 7 was a big step for me. Now, with Microsoft officially ending support on Tuesday, I suppose I'll have to move on. Just as well though, since I want to run Blender 2.8 and this computer won't.