• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Great idea. I'll do it.

Thanks, Chris. Below is the head shape from a character I used with V4 that shows one kind of pointy chin that visibly changes the head shape profile. The dial options we have for DawnSE allow for some jaw customization, but not the chin at this level. For those who complained that Dawn's chin was too large, maybe this is what they meant - an option to make it narrower. It's not about the chin in particular, but the lower head shape proportions instead.

FaceShape.jpg

As for claws, that should be easier now that Dawn 2.0 has separate fingernail geometry, so that claws can have volume, and also be double-sided. Below is a conforming set of claws I have for V4 that illustrates the idea. Dawn 2.0 could have her own morph-based claws that can achieve this same kind of effect without the need for additional external geometry. When I heard that Dawn 2.0 has separate fingernail geometry, this was the first thing that came to mind. :D

Claws.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Alright Ken. Here's some chin work.

Dawn2Work483.JPG

First just an isolated Chin pointed morph.

Dawn2Work484.JPG

This morph affects the size of chin, jaw and mouth area.

Dawn2Work485.JPG

Same as above, just different angle.

Dawn2Work486.JPG

This one is the above morph at 50%.

Dawn2Work487.JPG

Another angle.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Chris! Please let me make an observation. Maybe I shouldn't have called this "pointy" chin because that's not what I was aiming for. I am a visual guy, so let me show it with an image. Below is an example that illustrates the idea. The chin is not actually pointy - it's rather rounded instead. The feature is marked in yellow below, where the lower face has a "V" shape. This is why I have mentioned in my comment that this is not about the chin itself, but the lower face shape profile instead. I used to call this the "pointy" chin (because of the "V" shape), but now I see that was a bad idea to start with. Sorry about that - my bad!! I will be more thoughtful next time I make a suggestion. :unsure:

VShape.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good to see long fingernails - twice as longer as what we have now. The claw shapes seem quite right, but I think they need to be much, much thicker. - so they don't look so fragile. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks, Chris! Please let me make an observation. Maybe I shouldn't have called this "pointy" chin because that's not what I was aiming for. I am a visual guy, so let me show it with an image. Below is an example that illustrates the idea. The chin is not actually pointy - it's rather rounded instead. The feature is marked in yellow below, where the lower face has a "V" shape. This is why I have mentioned in my comment that this is not about the chin itself, but the lower face shape profile instead. I used to call this the "pointy" chin (because of the "V" shape), but now I see that was a bad idea to start with. Sorry about that - my bad!! I will be more thoughtful next time I make a suggestion. :unsure:

View attachment 55162
I looked it up Ken, under face shapes for women. I think it's called an triangle shape. There's also an inverted one.

1577956820063.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I looked it up Ken, under face shapes for women. I think it's called an triangle shape. There's also an inverted one.

That's a nice table, eclark1894. I didn't know what to call that shape, but "triangle" seems appropriate. I see most of them involve the lower face as seen from the front. This is pretty much what I wanted to say, and "pointy chin" wasn't the best description. After all, all of these face shapes are about the lower face and not the chin in particular. I think this table will be helpful. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thought you find this interesting too, then. A few celebrities with their face shapes. Would be nice if Dawn could be made to look like them.

Definitely interesting! It's always better to see this on real people than on theoretical drawings. Until now I wasn't sure if someone actually had the triangular lower face, or if that was only an artistic style. But here is - very good reference! ^______^