• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
Just for the record, I looked up the definition on talons and claws.

A talon is a large, hooked claw. Although talons are usually associated with eagles, hawks and other birds of prey, you can also use the word to describe the flesh-tearing claws or fingernails of raptors, werewolves or even enraged preschoolers. Talons typically belong to predators — the word implies bloody attack.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Just a technical thing, but should those nails be thicker? Those look like they could easily break.

I associate these as being more claw like then the bird like talons. I think we're fine. It certainly offers another option. But leaves it open for folks to create more morph packs if desired.

Also, I believe digital claws are by nature stronger than realistic primate claws.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Will the base obj be available for content creators anytime soon?

We'd really like to get a strong quality rig out with her first. We pulled Paul a while back to finish the rigging of our Reindeer. Once that is done and out perhaps he can spend time again on Dawn 2 while working on rig adjustment for our much needed and requested Tiger.

Not sure on timing. We have a meeting coming up and we should know more then.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So much to do so few people good enough to create it all! I'm still looking forward to the rat. And the elephant. And the dragon. And and and . . .

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here are some morphs.

Dawn2Work501.JPG

Thighs Thin

Dawn2Work502.JPG

Thighs Full

Dawn2Work503.JPG

Waist Narrow

Dawn2Work504.JPG

Waist Width

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
We'd really like to get a strong quality rig out with her first. We pulled Paul a while back to finish the rigging of our Reindeer. Once that is done and out perhaps he can spend time again on Dawn 2 while working on rig adjustment for our much needed and requested Tiger.

Not sure on timing. We have a meeting coming up and we should know more then.

Understood on wanting a good rig, please consider releasing just the base obj file so some of us can get a jump on modeling clothes, hair and skin textures. I personally wouldn't mind giving you starter money, pay you in advance now for your targeted full price just to get the base obj early; this could be an interesting offer exclusive to Hivewire contributing artist if you would consider.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Understood on wanting a good rig, please consider releasing just the base obj file so some of us can get a jump on modeling clothes, hair and skin textures. I personally wouldn't mind giving you starter money, pay you in advance now for your targeted full price just to get the base obj early; this could be an interesting offer exclusive to Hivewire contributing artist if you would consider.

Let me chat with Lisa and we can discuss this a bit more. What we want to avoid is the reaction we got from artist's early on with our first Dawn release. People judged her harshly from her first set of maps and the lack of supportive morphs. We just want to have a strong release with Dawn 2, and that starts with very early reactions from artists like you that will create for her. We aim to have a strong robust Dawn 2 base and if artists have a healthy supportive reaction from the first time they work with her the better chance we'll have for success. Though we know that this market is saturated with DAZ characters, and now many others too, we can't control any of that, all we can do is create the best figures we can, much like what we've done with our animals, and support them the best we can and hope that others will do the same to increase our potential for success in this arena.

So again, we just want you and others that may have interest in creating for Dawn 2 to be happy with her from the get go. My hope is that when artists have her in there hands we'll have a new base map, a solid rig (though probably not finished), and most of the morphs for release.