• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Willowisp

Adventurous
This curve is perfectly natural. According to my podiatrist, some people have the toe curved inward (like in the photo), and other people (like me) have the toe curve outwards. These are just natural variations

xyer0

Brilliant
Please rope in Maelwenn, Virtual World, Ken1171, & EmmaAndJordi to make new characters, morphs, expressions, & outfits for Dawn 2 as simultaneous debut releases, if IN ANY WAY possible. Please implement ALL of Ken1171's fixes for Dawn 1 in Dawn 2 out of the box. Please have Dawn 2 include all clones for V4thruV8F so that she instantly has a wardrobe.
I'd REALLY like to support Dawn 2, but if her release is just Dawn 1 take 2, then it's nigh impossible to envision.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've moved your post to the Dawn 2 thread, so you can read about Dawn 2.0.

I wanted to note that we can not legally include ANY clones for DAZ products or any other non-HiveWire products. The shapes belong to the creator of the product. People can make their own clones.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay, all the toe reworking of topo is complete. Toenails are gone. New ones need to be placed still. Then I need to tie the toe topo into the foot. This is coming along. Like I mentioned before, once the topology has been reworked then I'll do the reshaping, and resizing.

Dawn2Work121.JPG

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Wow, this looks amazing. Time for me to buckle up and be more creative again :)
I was pretty long absent from art. Months..had such a horrible inspiration and creativity break down, that I really thought to quit the 3D world. Now I am back and see such an exciting news :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was pretty long absent from art. Months..had such a horrible inspiration and creativity break down, that I really thought to quit the 3D world. Now I am back and see such an exciting news :)
YAY!!! So glad to see you're back. I've missed you on the SM Poser forum as well. ;)

RobZhena

Adventurous
I, too, am excited that you are back!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
BOOM HERE IT IS!!!

We now have a completely reworked Dawn 2.0 mesh. This is a total quad mesh as well, no triangles or 5 sided polys.

I'm going to hand this over to Paul tonight or tomorrow now. I do still need to retopo Dawn's teeth, gums and tongue. But I can do that while Paul begins his reworking of Dawn's new rig.

Here are some screen grabs of Dawn 2.0, showing the resized and reshaped toes and complete foot. Toenails have been added now and shown on some of these images.

The orange wire frame is Dawn 2.0 shown against the current Dawn SE in white wire frame.

Dawn2Work124.JPG

Dawn2Work125.JPG

Dawn2Work126.JPG

Dawn2Work127.JPG

Dawn2Work128.JPG

Dawn2Work129.JPG

Dawn2Work130.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, they do look long-ish in the full shaded mesh, but if you look at the first wireframe screenshot Chris posted, her foot looks smaller, and more delicate, than Dawn's SE's foot.