• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Back to work on our new girl.

Retopo on the big toe. Also removed the toenail, with no pain by the way. Will do the other toes now, then move up the foot.

Also, after I retopo, I'll reshape some areas, and make the foot smaller.

So folks know. I'm moving slower on Dawn 2.0 for just a bit. My wife and I are in the middle of moving. So we're packing up, taking items to storage and such. No fun. But I'll try my best to keep progress going.

I thank you for your patience, as life gets in the way.

Dawn2Work117.JPG

Dawn2Work118.JPG

DanaTA

Distinguished
Be sure to make redundant backups of everything before the move! Maybe a USB thumb drive and a DVD or Blue Ray disk. Keep one with you and one at the new place, maybe. Just a suggestion.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't know why, but I like the idea of making the finger and toenails smart props. Hmm, I might have to test this proof of concept on Dawn SE.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks great Chris. Good luck with the move my man. YUK. No fun but once it's done you and your family will be happy!

I had NO IDEA there were press ons for the toes! OMG! LOL

PS. FINALLY got my new computer up and running. Features are an i9 processor and other goodies. Took a full month of repairs and even a tech coming to the house, which I have NEVER had to do before, to get the BIOS cooperating. What a pain in the tuckus this has been. Crazy but now happy! Still have ALLOT of programs to install but up and running! WHEW!

eclark1894

Visionary
Looks great Chris. Good luck with the move my man. YUK. No fun but once it's done you and your family will be happy!

I had NO IDEA there were press ons for the toes! OMG! LOL

PS. FINALLY got my new computer up and running. Features are an i9 processor and other goodies. Took a full month of repairs and even a tech coming to the house, which I have NEVER had to do before, to get the BIOS cooperating. What a pain in the tuckus this has been. Crazy but now happy! Still have ALLOT of programs to install but up and running! WHEW!
I wonder why there are 24 nails when you only have 10 toes?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I can see "some" extras in case one or more falls off, or gets damaged, after a while, but not 24. That does seem like an awful lot extra nails, especially if they're all the same color/design.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, now that sounds like 2 separate packs of 10 with 4 extras. Hmmmm, don't know, but an interesting thought.

eclark1894

Visionary
Chris, I have noticed most people have a noticeable curve in their big toe. I say people because I while I was studying women's feet I did notice that a number of men also have this curve, myself included. Is this a natural curve or created after wearing shoes for most of one's life?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
because not all people have the same size toenails so they have to accommodate very small to very large nails :) They do the same with the fingernail ones too

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Chris, I have noticed most people have a noticeable curve in their big toe. I say people because I while I was studying women's feet I did notice that a number of men also have this curve, myself included. Is this a natural curve or created after wearing shoes for most of one's life?

It's a result of wearing incorrectly shaped/sized shoes, Earl! For the same reason, in many people, the little toe can curl in (and under) as in your photo!