• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
True, I just often forget about it is all. ;)

But I have to admit that "BreastNatural" may not be enough to replicate how gravity affects different kinds of breasts. For example, in many cases, the differences are on how the shapes curve above and below the nipple line. Some are concave above, and convex below (when seen from the sides). Some are convex in both. Perhaps this is what "BreastNatural" won't cover. It just sags the breasts downwards.

This is perhaps what I meant when I said the existing breasts look unnatural. It's something to do with how they curve (side view) above and below the nipple line. All shapes are convex in both, when most breast in the real world are concave above the nipple line when affected by gravity, unless they are unusually large. If they are convex in both, they look like they were inflated, kind of like a balloon. This is what gives the rather unnatural looks.

Maybe the new "BreastNatural" morph could take care of this?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've worked up a set of breast shape morphs based on cup sizes. Then I've added a supported, and lifted (more extreme support) for each size. We can still create variations from these, as well as the areola and nipple morphs.

See below:

Dawn2Work364.JPG

A cup natural

Dawn2Work365.JPG

A cup supported

Dawn2Work366.JPG

A cup lifted

Dawn2Work367.JPG

B cup natural

Dawn2Work368.JPG

B cup supported (Dawn 2 base shape)

Dawn2Work369.JPG

B cup lifted

Dawn2Work370.JPG

C cup natural

Dawn2Work371.JPG

C cup supported

Dawn2Work372.JPG

C cup lifted

Dawn2Work373.JPG

D cup natural

Dawn2Work374.JPG

D cup supported

Dawn2Work375.JPG

D cup lifted

eclark1894

Visionary
Hey, Chris, I may have made a recent mistake over at Renderosity. Is Dawn 2.0 a totally new mesh or are you simply reworking the old mesh?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey, Chris, I may have made a recent mistake over at Renderosity. Is Dawn 2.0 a totally new mesh or are you simply reworking the old mesh?

You're probably fine by saying either one. Technically it is a reworked mesh, so that we can utilize existing morphs and add onto the newly reworked mesh. I wouldn't classify it as "simply" reworking it either, as its been a challenge to do, but the mesh is performing well as the rigging is being done and new morphs are applied. It is a pure quad mesh now and optimized from head to toe with the mesh being totally closed as well. Separate fingernails and toenails too.

eclark1894

Visionary
I found a video today on Youtube talking about women's insecurities with their bodies. I'll put in a link here incase you want to watch it. Link
Before I watched this video I never even noticed that Dawn has "hip dips", but it made me wonder if other things in the video should be added to the morph list like "tummy rolls". I did know about those, but it wasn't until the video mentioned their presense on Greek statues that made me wonder if they should be added, if their not already there, or should they be left out?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think the original Dawn kind of has hip dips, at least a small amount of it. Her hips are not perfectly rounded, which is what hip dips are all about. As a matter of fact, I have personally asked Chris to add an extra "Hip Rounded" morph (to the original Dawn) to get rid of the default shape with hip dips because I was not a fan, and it's good to have options. I have found myself using that morph (thanks Chris!!) quite often, while other people may prefer the hip dips instead.

I have pointed DawnSE's hip dips below. Personally, these are hard to miss for me because I prefer more rounded hips. With the inclusion of the "Hips Rounded" dial, the options are on the table for everyone to make their pick. :)

Not sure what "tummy rolls" are, though.

HipDips.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, you should see my tummy role. One second thought, I wouldn't want to scare anyone so never mind! LOL

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's a bit of fat around the front of the stomach area that when you bend over tends to roll. It's always there, you are just a bit thicker in that area when standing.

Are you planning another Dawn morph with belly fat?

Oh geez, I just googled belly rolls. I won't ever do that again.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Janet, now I have to google belly rolls too!

There's something definitely wrong with the self image of some of those women. Not an inch of fat on their body, and they post pictures of their belly rolls ... which they don't have.