• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Can Dawn bite her lip?

View attachment 52382

Yes, as shown from page 5. Still need to update this though.

Dawn2Work24.JPG

Dawn2Work25.JPG

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Breast shapes are definitely an area that needs improvement over DawnSE. I personally believe the 8 breast shapes (4 cup and 4 large) were pretty much unrealistic and unattractive, and I remember not being alone on this. Meipe & Xameva have corrected that with their "Ultimate Breasts" for Dawn, which included almost 60 new breast shapes and options. I have also created new breast shapes in each of my "Body Type" series.

I wish Dawn 2.0 would not only ship with improved breast shapes, but also expand the options for areola and nipple shapes and sizes. DawnSE has only 1 single option for each of these parts. M&X's pack included these options, but I would rather Dawn 2.0 already had them by default, like most other figures do.

Another point is that Dawn has her breasts far apart, and it would be good to have an option for closer ones. I have done some of that in some of my "Body Type" series, and M&X's pack have include those as well. This would help making the base figure less of a character when it comes to breast shapes. Being a pinup artist, this matters a lot to me because breast shapes (not sizes) are hard to miss on a female character. Whenever I work with DawnSE, I really wish I had more breast options to make each new character really unique.

Now is the chance to add these missing options and improve the existing shapes. That would be something. I really love the new Dawn, and I want her to have the best of everything.

eclark1894

Visionary
Here's a weird question from a guy, who has no wife, or girlfriend he can stare at or ask, but wouldn't breast size and shape be determined primarily by the bra? Well, not size really, but I hope you get the picture. I mean, everybody's always mentioning realism, but I see an awful lot of breasts spilling out of bras. I've heard them called "muffin tops".

muffin tops.png

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Breast shapes are definitely an area that needs improvement over DawnSE. I personally believe the 8 breast shapes (4 cup and 4 large) were pretty much unrealistic and unattractive, and I remember not being alone on this. Meipe & Xameva have corrected that with their "Ultimate Breasts" for Dawn, which included almost 60 new breast shapes and options. I have also created new breast shapes in each of my "Body Type" series.

If Dawn had come with 60 new breast shapes and options, what would there be for someone like Meipe & Xameva to create? It's not a 'correction' at all but is an improvement. The point of creating a new base figure is to provide a foundation that can be built on.

I wish Dawn 2.0 would not only ship with improved breast shapes, but also expand the options for areola and nipple shapes and sizes. DawnSE has only 1 single option for each of these parts. M&X's pack included these options, but I would rather Dawn 2.0 already had them by default, like most other figures do.

Another point is that Dawn has her breasts far apart, and it would be good to have an option for closer ones. I have done some of that in some of my "Body Type" series, and M&X's pack have include those as well. This would help making the base figure less of a character when it comes to breast shapes. Being a pinup artist, this matters a lot to me because breast shapes (not sizes) are hard to miss on a female character. Whenever I work with DawnSE, I really wish I had more breast options to make each new character really unique.

Now is the chance to add these missing options and improve the existing shapes. That would be something. I really love the new Dawn, and I want her to have the best of everything.

How many of these things are necessary in the base figure? Isn't this where people like yourself can come in and make 'pinup morphs' as an add-on pack?

Where is the line between what is necessary for a solid foundation and what is a feature request that can be accomplished in an add-on pack? I understand that people want the most they can get for their money in one pack and at the same time the reality is that we simply cannot provide 'everything but the kitchen sink' in a base figure.

What are the "must have's" for content creators these days?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
PLUS supporting breast shapes is a daunting task. There needs to be realism in the shapes but 4 cup sizes for REALISM seems plenty to me. Then you have the breast hang, bra morph and then the areola and nipple morphs. Seems fine to me. Everything else should be an add on pack. I mean honestly, how can you expect your figures multiple boob morphs to fully be supported in the clothing? It's allot to expect from clothing makers! Just saying!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If Dawn had come with 60 new breast shapes and options, what would there be for someone like Meipe & Xameva to create? The point of creating a new base figure is to provide a foundation that can be built on.

I understand your point, but mine was that I believe DawnSE's 8 breast shapes are rather unrealistic, and this would be the opportunity to improve on that. When I mention X&M's pack, I actually use them to make Dawn's breasts look better, because I am not fond of the default shape, or the existing options to change them. I am not asking for 60 new shapes, but instead for even the basic 8 to be improved over what we have now. Having done over a thousand Dawn renders so far, and having showed her everywhere out there, I have heard people's comments, so I know I am not alone on this. I am here to help Dawn 2.0 to become all she can be (and I don't mean joining the army). LOL

wouldn't breast size and shape be determined primarily by the bra?

There are indeed bras meant to provide specific breast shapes. We can backtrack this all the way back to the Victorian dresses that included that, sometimes with generous cleavage cuts. But female breasts can have a wide range of shapes and placement. Dawn's are far apart with a wide gap in the middle, but many women have a smaller gap, or none at all. I am not particularly a fan of these wide gaps, and I had that removed in most of my body sculpts for Dawn. I think wide apart breasts are a very particular kind, which in a way makes sense because DawnSE's default shape IS a character on its own right.

However, this is something being avoided with the new Dawn. We want her to be more generic as means to make it easier for vendors to create distinctive characters out of the figure base. This is something I wish could change if we had morph dials that would offer more options besides this very particular case. This is one of the reasons I am requesting more options for breast shapes, more control over areolas and nipples sizes and shapes. This is not something special, since all mainstream figures have offered that since the times of grandma V4. If Dawn 2.0 would be the exception, people will pick on that.

Another reason I believe Dawn 2.0 should have an option for closer breasts is when I create outfits that show at least some amount of cleavage (like my "Diamond Dress"), DawnSE has her breasts far apart, and that defeats the outfit design. When I sell the outfit, I cannot expect people will create their own breast morphs to make up for that.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Lisa, myself and our team have a goal of providing much much more than what was released with our first Dawn. We plan to include much of what is available in our expression morphs and body morphs in our new Dawn 2, with the addition of many more valuable shapes and suggestions made here in this forum.

Having said that, we do plan on additional packs that will provide additional value.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Lisa, myself and our team have a goal of providing much much more than what was released with our first Dawn.

Not only I believe you, but I think this is an understatement.

I believe Dawn 2 will be HW's very first figure to have a facial rig, and that alone should significantly expand her facial expressions range. Dawn 2 will also be the first HW figure to have pectorals, metacarpal, and metatarsal bones expanding her posing capabilities to what was not possible before. The new metatarsal joints will provide beautiful and more natural feet posing many have wanted to have. The new metacarpal joints should allow for better thumbs posing, which has always been a problem with most figures. The new pectoral bones should allow posing the breasts in a much more intuitive way to fit different poses, instead of having to rely on fixed posing morphs - or perhaps in addition to them.

The figure design changes expand through the skeleton, the grouping, mesh topology, the default shape, and the body proportions. Even the fingernails got special attention with a different approach. Almost nothing was left untouched, where each of these changes had a specific goal to achieve that builds over years of previous experience with the original Dawn. I know I have said this before, but I have never seen such an extensive list of improvements from one figure version to the next. This is special, and that's why I care so much.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Again, I like the second one better, because it's more natural looking. When I see breast sizes/shapes like the first one, I think more of anime or fantasy type characters.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Again, I like the second one better, because it's more natural looking. When I see breast sizes/shapes like the first one, I think more of anime or fantasy type characters.

Yeah I get the natural look idea as well, but much of the time the breasts will be under clothing and perhaps with the impression of being in some type of bra. So a variety of sizes and positions is what we're after here.

More to come.