• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Are you planning another Dawn morph with belly fat?

Are you asking me, or Chris? Personally, I think that may not work as a morph, because this would need to change shape with every pose to be realistic. It would also not work so well with conforming cloth as far as I could see.

I'd say both.

Oh Ok, thanks. I didn't know that had a name. ;p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I've worked up a set of breast shape morphs based on cup sizes. Then I've added a supported, and lifted (more extreme support) for each size. We can still create variations from these, as well as the areola and nipple morphs.

Hey Chris, I was thinking about an idea borrowed from LaFemme. The new Dawn will have pectoral bones, which in LF are used to control breast posing and size. I was wondering if we couldn't use these new bones to control the SHAPE as well? For example, if the bone is bent upwards, it assumes the "lifted" shape. If bent down, it would assume the "natural" shape, and so on. Maybe these shapes could be controlled by weight maps instead of morphs. Or maybe just with morphs using JCMs? We could add a Boolean switch to enable-disable this feature as well, like I did with the DS version of my "perfect pelvis" for Dawn. I have suggested something similar to Paul, like a Boolean switch to globally toggle all JCMs on/off, which would be a big helper for content creators in both Poser and DS versions.

Dawn 2.0 will be the first HW figure to have pectoral bones, and this could use them more effectively. What do you think?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris, I was thinking about an idea borrowed from LaFemme. The new Dawn will have pectoral bones, which in LF are used to control breast posing and size. I was wondering if we couldn't use these new bones to control the SHAPE as well? For example, if the bone is bent upwards, it assumes the "lifted" shape. If bent down, it would assume the "natural" shape, and so on. Maybe these shapes could be controlled by weight maps instead of morphs. Or maybe just with morphs using JCMs? We could add a Boolean switch to enable-disable this feature as well, like I did with the DS version of my "perfect pelvis" for Dawn. I have suggested something similar to Paul, like a Boolean switch to globally toggle all JCMs on/off, which would be a big helper for content creators in both Poser and DS versions.

Dawn 2.0 will be the first HW figure to have pectoral bones, and this could use them more effectively. What do you think?

Yeah, Paul tells me that because we will have breast bones that he only needs the cup sizes and he can create the lift and natural and so on. But I have these lifted, supported, and natural ones anyway. I've created some subtleties with these morphs that I'm not sure the bones can replicate. So Paul can measure his breast bone work against the morphs I've done and perhaps the rig will do more then suffice.

Here is another large breast shape that Paul can do more with due to his wonderful rig work.

Dawn2Work376.JPG

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Are you asking me, or Chris? Personally, I think that may not work as a morph, because this would need to change shape with every pose to be realistic. It would also not work so well with conforming cloth as far as I could see.

Oh Ok, thanks. I didn't know that had a name. ;p

Zev0 has created Skin Folds for G3 and G8 so it does appear it is possible- at least in DS.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yeah, Paul tells me that because we will have breast bones that he only needs the cup sizes and he can create the lift and natural and so on. But I have these lifted, supported, and natural ones anyway. I've created some subtleties with these morphs that I'm not sure the bones can replicate. So Paul can measure his breast bone work against the morphs I've done and perhaps the rig will do more then suffice.

Here is another large breast shape that Paul can do more with due to his wonderful rig work.

Thanks, Chris - sounds good to me! Weight maps have limitations, so a combination with morphs should provide a complete set of options. :)

The other day I was trying to explain the breast shape I wanted Dawn 2.0 to have in terms of "concave" and "convex" lines above and below the nipples line when seen from the side. Below is a simple diagram I drew that shows what I meant. The shape collapses on the top, and sags at the bottom.

BreastLines.jpg

All of the shapes we have with DawnSE have both lines convex, which gives the unnatural appearance of being inflated. It would be nice to have this kind of more natural shape as an option. For instance, the existing "Breasts Natural" option drags the entire breasts down, while keeping the "inflated" appearance. Maybe Dawn 2.0 could have an additional option that does the above, instead of dragging the entire breasts down? It would be cool if this could affect all breasts shapes to look more like my diagram above.

Would that be possible?

Zev0 has created Skin Folds for G3 and G8 so it does appear it is possible- at least in DS.

Perhaps skin folds would be meant for specific poses only, and possibly controlled by JCMs. I would assume those only make sense when not covered with clothing.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
It would be a bit pointless to use morphs like the skin folds if they are then covered by clothing, which is why I guess they are a separate packaged set of different morphs so you can use which ones you need.
The Concave upper breast could also be done as a separate morph, it would perhaps make sense for a vendor to do a pack of such morphs, otherwise we seem to be in danger of getting loads and loads of breast morphs for Dawn 2 possibly at the expense of things that others might find more useful - like face, leg hip etc shapes etc.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here are a few nipple and areola morphs for consideration. Then onto abdominal morphs for now.

First a couple different areola prominence type morphs showing a raised margin as viable options. Textured areolas wouldn't have to use this margin, it's just a raise option.

Second is a nipple prominence morph.

Third options are nipple and areola prominence combinations.

Dawn2Work381.JPG

Areola prominence 1.
Dawn2Work382.JPG

Areola prominence 2.

Dawn2Work383.JPG

Nipple prominence morph only.

Dawn2Work384.JPG

Nipple and areola prominence 1.

Dawn2Work385.JPG

Nipple and areola prominence 2.

Michele

Eager
I bought V4 and M4 belly fold morphs. I think it was an Ironman13 product. They were useful, as were the "squish" morphs for breasts and butts when it came to sitting on things or laying down on a floor.

Dawn already has a breast squish morph, but I don't think she has a butt squish option. Just one to give a less rounded bottom, if I remember rightly.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That reminds me of trying to add a slight squish morph to a sofa, or some other kind of chair that wasn't hard wood, but having the squish morph for the character's butt would help as well.

eclark1894

Visionary

View attachment 53666
Are those shaped correctly? Right now, they're defying gravity, but even in a bra and with lifts, there'd be some gravitational pull on them.

eclark1894

Visionary
The other thing that hit me, since we're talking about squishiness, almost all the women in my family have some what large breasts, and almost all of them have the bra "cut" some into the shoulder. So if you're going to have breasts THAT big, you're going to have to have shoulder cuts.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking good, Chris. Eager to see the complete abdominal shapes once the external obliques are added. :)