• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
YEAAHHH!! I can clearly see the improvements right there! The crotch stays in place, and the inner thigh stretch distribution seems uniform and spread out. Looks awesome, Paul! ^_____^

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks really good Paul. I'm sure the extra JCM's added will make these bends more natural looking after completed. Looking forward to seeing those in action... I hope you do a vid for that as well!

Welcome back Chris! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A few screen grabs showing a longer fingernail morph for Dawn 2.0. This is new fingernail geometry separate from the fingers.

Next I'll start in on converting our existing morphs from Dawn S.E. to our new Lady and optimize those shapes for her.

Dawn2Work217.JPG

Dawn2Work217a.JPG

Dawn2Work217aa.JPG

Base nails

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I agree with Miss B! I always wanted fingernails a little longer, and this looks great! ^____^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Up until now I've had to use the nail length morph from a character set for Dawn, because Dawn SE's Nail length is OK, but not quite long enough.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's true. In my last render ("Black Tie"), I had double-checked myself twice on the long nails, because from the camera distance I couldn't tell for sure.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking great, Paul! :D

One thing I'd like to see in Dawn 2.0 is preserving the thigh gap on thigh side-side inwards. Below is a comparison between DawnSE and G2F, where I bend just the left thigh inwards to illustrate the issue where Dawn doesn't preserve the thigh gap. This also affects conforming clothing when the thigh intersects the crotch. I think it's important to preserve the thigh gap, for that's a typical female feature.

ThighGap.jpg

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I don’t know what to do about it, but this looks a bit like the Joker. Are the corners too extreme? Just one guy’s reaction.
I think it could use a bit more expression at the cheeks and eyes to go with the corners of the mouth, or have the corners be less extreme. I think what makes it look "Joker"ish is the way the smile doesn't quite match the eyes, and the eyes seeming a bit wide open for the smile.