• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
DawnSE has a pupil size and an iris size morph, and so will Dawn2.0. While the pupil size is for light adjustment, in the real world, the iris' outer boundary doesn't actually change size, but we have the morph for variations, like for anime, toon and fantasy characters.

Hornet3d

Wise
DawnSE has a pupil size and an iris size morph, and so will Dawn2.0. While the pupil size is for light adjustment, in the real world, the iris' outer boundary doesn't actually change size, but we have the morph for variations, like for anime, toon and fantasy characters.

I use the pupil morph a great deal with Dawn SE, other then light adjustment the pupil also gets bigger when we see someone we are attracted to, a form of subconscious body language.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Dawn 2.0 Face, Ears, Torso, back of head, neck and hips now UVed.

Moving along.

Dawn2Work184.JPG

Dawn2Work185.JPG

Dawn2Work186.JPG

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I can't imagine how tricky it is to get the UV's for the fingers and toes and all the connecting areas looking just perfect. Looking good Chris!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can see a major difference in these UVs - the nails are now separate geometry, and therefore don't need to be cut out from the fingers to have their own shells. This makes it a less destructive task, since shells with internal holes can be hard to keep their shape. :)

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here are some toe shots of the Toes group and big toe bends. The foot has 2 groups for content development. Foot and Toe. The 3rd image with the blue circle is an area I will need to smooth for the toes bend. As of right now, there are no bulge maps or jcms in use for these bends.

ToesBend1.PNG
ToesBend2.PNG
ToesBend3.PNG
ToesBend4.PNG
ToesBend5.PNG
ToesBend6.PNG
ToesBend7.PNG