• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
Let me answer it for you , there are morphs created for Dawn 2.0 by Chris for other ethnic groups , but to use it proper you need also other ethnic groups skin and that is something for after the release. We have hands full of work right now , after the release there would be lots of other ethnic groups characters you can only imagine .
Oh, well, I started another thread over at Renderosity on the Poser 12 board, bemoaning the lack of ability in Poser to change ethnicities of the figures. At least in previous versions of Poser we were able to have a variety of figures. So far, I've ended up bemoaning the loss of the Face Room, which, sadly, wouldn't have worked on Dawn 2 anyway, which is why I asked about the variety of ethnic groups with Dawn 2.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You're welcome, I understand the power of the principled node. I got chapter and verse on it before I ever saw it thanks to Deecey singing its praises. And in looking at it, I have more respect for the photoreal shaders that phdubrov made and their usefulness.

Most of what I do works fine on the physical surface node, but I repect the power of cycles. :)
As a long time Blender user, I'm familiar with the Principled BSDF node, but certainly would like to know it better.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oh, well, I started another thread over at Renderosity on the Poser 12 board, bemoaning the lack of ability in Poser to change ethnicities of the figures. At least in previous versions of Poser we were able to have a variety of figures. So far, I've ended up bemoaning the loss of the Face Room, which, sadly, wouldn't have worked on Dawn 2 anyway, which is why I asked about the variety of ethnic groups with Dawn 2.
We can't make all varieties of ethnic groups for the release as it would be not possible and very costly to have all the characters including their skins . Not to mention how many extra months it would take . So one thing at a time, it is all coming in its own time . The base right now is most important and needs to be perfect as everything else will depend on it . Sit tight and have a little more patience ! It will be worth it, I promise !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
BTW @eclark1894 other ethnic groups characters are in the making already for Dawn 2.0 base since last year , so just so you remember , Poser will not left behind. But that for the after release . Both of the characters below wearing main PBR base textures from Dawn 2.0 base

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-07 004709.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-07 004709.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot 2021-04-06 050138.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-06 050138.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 165

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Stunning. Is it Poser 12 or DAZ Studio?
Thank you , there is really no more difference between both software since I am using the same HDRI light and materials , Poser12 is just much sharper in details , that's all . I will post comparison in my workshop thread tonight.

@Alisa thank you , don't she ? love her
@jartz thank you darling , definitely you should since I am starting to make fantastic products and lightings and the sss is so worthed , I still can't believe I am back rendering in Poser after 6-7 years again , this is a miracle o_O but the quality speak for itself ..

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Thanks! I know next to nothing about DAZ Studio. Looking forward to the comparison.
It is not much about Daz Studio or Poser anymore as they do not render , it is about PBR rendering with Iray & Cycles engine , and if you follow the book you get same results with the same materials . The shader I am using in Poser 12 is based on Disney “principled” BRDF same they using in Arnold in Maya and Blender . If you use the maps and values in each program using this shader you will get same results . Simple is beautiful !

Rhia474

Hmm, are you saying those renders are not even Poser or DAZ renders? When you say 'if you follow the book' does that mean there will be a how-to explaining how to build shaders but we won't be able to render in the programs we set up? I'm sorry but that confuses me a bit and would appreciate an explanation.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Hmm, are you saying those renders are not even Poser or DAZ renders? When you say 'if you follow the book' does that mean there will be a how-to explaining how to build shaders but we won't be able to render in the programs we set up? I'm sorry but that confuses me a bit and would appreciate an explanation.
I only render with Cycles in Poser 12 and Cycles nodes or with Iray in DS with MDL nodes , not using other software for rendering . The shaders are there already and ready to use not need to build anything . All you need is just to setup the values correctly or mix them together . My shaders presets are very simple since all values I have inside my textures . "Follow the book of PBR rules " and things gonna be simple for you, especially in Poser. There is no rocket science to have perfect looking materials that looks always great no matter what light you used.
I don't want to be another Poser or DS guru here , I just want to make a wonderful supporting products for D2 Family and by using them you can learn one thing or another in the process.
We will include special instructions in the documentations of Dawn 2.0 to how and when to use materials for best result, I will also include starter scene with HDRI lighting to give you a nice start, so things you buy looks exactly as in the promos.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We will include special instructions in the documentations of Dawn 2.0 to how and when to use materials for best result, I will also include starter scene with HDRI lighting to give you a nice start, so things you buy looks exactly as in the promos.
THAT, Cath, would be wonderful! There's a vendor at Renderosity, who's products look wonderful, but he doesn't include the lights he uses in his promos, and I find that soooo disappointing.

Rhia474

But forgive me for my ignorance, the Cycles engine is not the same as the P12 Superfly engine as far as I know. Will someone test the materials with the actual P12 render engine as you don't use it? I'm genuinely interested in how those compare since I do not render in Cycles engine, only in P12, and wouldn't even know where to start. Thank you for taking the time to answer here.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
@Rhia474 , @randym77 @Miss B

Poser has been using Cycles engine as the basis for it's render engine since 2015 ! It is a forked version of Cycles and they call it SuperFly .. but now CyclesX is coming to Poser for even better and faster render abilities .

Please don't worry for a moment , I got your back ! You're gonna be a pro in no time !

All supplies will be included and my support .. you gonna have the best Dawn 2 experience and so much fun as I have so far and render her in best light .

randym77

Motivated
I think that's what was concerning some: Superfly is a fork of Cycles, and not really the same. Originally, it was a fork of a pretty old version of Cycles, which may have led to some of its issues.

I have Poser 12, but don't use it much. Mostly because it's a work in progress, and you never know when they're going to fix something but break something else. I gather the goal is making Superfly = Cycles, but I don't think they're there yet.