• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Cath, you're doing an awesome job with her. I'm sure it will be a success when she launches.
Thank you @jartz , that why Chris trusted me with her exterior visage design , I never wear anybody so heavy on my shoulders :roflmao: .. big responsibilities here .... but we are confident as a great team is at work , so not just me , I am just preparing Dawn 2 to looks fabulous for the release , so you have a nice starter and can do better after .. a little inspiration for the beginning .. remember the people that working behind the stage .

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
BTW @Miss B , the shader I am using for the PBR look in my last renders sadly can't be used in Poser11 , Poser11 doesn't support this .
I will have to come with an alternative for Poser11 users ..

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I do think Persis had bigger lips. Did Chris do lip morphs?
I don't have idea, right now I am working just on the plain base .... look back in the thread when Chris was doing morphs to see if there are any ..

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
This leads me to think you're using the Principled node to make the shader.
Sadly there is no better solution for this effect of skin I need . Cycles root nodes and shader nodes works best with Cycle engine , the other are just based on it ( early versions ) and are not as good .

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes, most certainly.
Chris, got a quick question. I'm asking because I was already thinking about it in regards to Poser. Are there any other ethnicities with Dawn2 included other than Caucasian? I opened up Poser today to try another ethnicity on La Femme. Thought they'd have some others like they did in the past with the G7 characters, but I couldn't find any.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sadly there is no better solution for this effect of skin I need . Cycles root nodes and shader nodes works best with Cycle engine , the other are just based on it ( early versions ) and are not as good .
Oh no doubt there, not arguing with you in the least. phdubrov has a photoreal superfly shader that is a merchant resource that is much similar to the principled node. It works well with Poser 11. Not sure where he has it now, or how to contact him though. You might talk to ghostship2, he has a freebie that is much like the principled node as well, you might be able to work a deal with him.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have phdubrov's Photoreal Supefly Shaders. Maybe starting a convo with him will bring him here to this thread. He was a CA here in the store, so may still be able to be reached, even if he's not active on the forums anymore. Then you can ask him if he's moved his goodies somewhere other than Renderosity.

Oh and Ghostship2 is good with shaders as well, so a good suggestion if phdubrov can't be reached.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Don't want to make the thread wander, I don't think there's any point in trying to pm him - I had emailed and sent pms to no avail after the store closed, since he had some addons for Lisa's products. I finally found him on Facebook close to a year ago and we messaged there. He hadn't put his products elsewhere, but had thought he might be able to deal with doing so last summer, and said he'd be in touch. Haven't head since, but I just messaged him again after seeing this. His stuff is awesome, sad to have it disappear. Not sure if it would be helpful to Cath for Dawn 2.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Thank you @Sunfire and @Miss B , I will test it and see if it works for my needs . All I need is proper SSS to works well for P11, the rest is there , remember this is for Dawn 2.0 product so I need the copyrights to be cleared and royalty free since our first Lady character AVA is free adon and will be included with the main product to get you started .

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You're welcome, I understand the power of the principled node. I got chapter and verse on it before I ever saw it thanks to Deecey singing its praises. And in looking at it, I have more respect for the photoreal shaders that phdubrov made and their usefulness.

Most of what I do works fine on the physical surface node, but I repect the power of cycles. :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
You're welcome, I understand the power of the principled node. I got chapter and verse on it before I ever saw it thanks to Deecey singing its praises. And in looking at it, I have more respect for the photoreal shaders that phdubrov made and their usefulness.

Most of what I do works fine on the physical surface node, but I repect the power of cycles. :)
In case there is nothing else I will settle down on the physical surface node in P11 that was based on the principled node , also I found a way to show the cycles root shader node in Opengl preview in P12 to a level . I think there is a small glitch that prevent it in first place but I found the door.
The principle node render in Poser 12 at the same level as Arnold for Maya , it is very powerful if you looking for some extra realizm.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Chris, got a quick question. I'm asking because I was already thinking about it in regards to Poser. Are there any other ethnicities with Dawn2 included other than Caucasian? I opened up Poser today to try another ethnicity on La Femme. Thought they'd have some others like they did in the past with the G7 characters, but I couldn't find any.
Let me answer it for you , there are morphs created for Dawn 2.0 by Chris for other ethnic groups , but to use it proper you need also other ethnic groups skin and that is something for after the release. We have hands full of work right now , after the release there would be lots of other ethnic groups characters you can only imagine .