• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
I should've asked, but your sets will work in Poser 11 as well?
Sadly, I'm currently in Poser limbo. My laptop crashed and took all my previous files with it, including Poser 10, 11 and 12 with it. Including all my Poser libraries. It's not completely hopeless though. I still have my Mac which has Poser 10 on it, and my previous Posers and all my libraries. I can even run Blender on it.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sadly, I'm currently in Poser limbo. My laptop crashed and took all my previous files with it, including Poser 10, 11 and 12 with it. Including all my Poser libraries. It's not completely hopeless though. I still have my Mac which has Poser 10 on it, and my previous Posers and all my libraries. I can even run Blender on it.
If you have a shop near you with a good technician, they can probably recover files from the hard drive, even if the boot sector is crap.

Dana

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I should've asked, but your sets will work in Poser 11 as well?
Not HDRI sets , as it doesn't works in Poser 11 and I am talking about real one not fake setups with magical balls , the shadow catcher is missing for Superfly and the size of HDRI is very limited it will never works correctly and potentially crash quickly .
Shader / Dawn2? I suppose it will , I don't have Poser11 installed anymore, but I will tests it , if not I will make alternative materials . That why I don't like to make products for outdated softwares .The only reason I am back in Poser is Poser12 .. as it gives me the opportunity to keep on my standards. I don't want Dawn2 to looks like from the 90's game . Who want it . Once Poser 12 is official released , I am done with early versions .

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can understand that, but a lot of folks haven't upgraded to P12 as yet. I happen to have both installed, but depending on what I'm working with, I sometimes still render in P11.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I can understand that, but a lot of folks haven't upgraded to P12 as yet. I happen to have both installed, but depending on what I'm working with, I sometimes still render in P11.
Poser12 is not yet official released , it is early bird so that is all ok , I will support Poser11 materials as well for this release hopefully all working fine and there are no big differences as it would be painful to downgrade everything what was not the point of creating Dawn2.0 in first place, we can't stay back in the game anymore or there would be no future if you know what I mean .

Thanks MissB , don't worry I got your back !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
So here is my final SuperFly SSS base material for the skin .. 2 spot lights, Poser12 render. I could not do better in Iray ( with 2 spot lights only) it is very small shader with minimal resources .
you can see more of it in my own thread .

Dawn2_Poser12_mat6a_wip_mec4d.net_2022.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking great, Cath! Very realistic. :D

Once I've got used to OptiX rendering with adaptive sampling, I just can't go back to Poser 11 for rendering anymore - too slow. However, rigging contents in P12 is still buggy in this early access, so that's one reason I go back to P11. The Hierarchy Editor has been upgraded in P12 to now start with all nodes collapse, which was one of the most requested features for years, and it also got options to expand all children from the current node with ALT+Click, which is very efficient. I miss that when I go to P11. They have also fixed TONS of critical bugs in P12 that will always exist in older versions. Poser 12 is going to be great when it gets out of early access. ^____^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I checked with clothing and a short hair, and 0.00 rendered in a little over 3 mins., and the 0.02 rendered in about 1 1/2 minutes, so about half the time. Longer hair will take longer, but still pretty good. Thanks for the info, as now I'll be able to utilize it better.