• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I think that's what was concerning some: Superfly is a fork of Cycles, and not really the same. Originally, it was a fork of a pretty old version of Cycles, which may have led to some of its issues.

I have Poser 12, but don't use it much. Mostly because it's a work in progress, and you never know when they're going to fix something but break something else. I gather the goal is making Superfly = Cycles, but I don't think they're there yet.
After the last updates they added what I was asking them for and it works very well , all my calibrated PBR shaders works as they should , I was waiting for so long but now I really enjoy it again . There is huge room for improvements as I am missing some nodes that are important , but I am going to make layered shader for all my needs so it gonna be fine .

randym77

Motivated
I'm sure it will be fantastic! Just pointing out that there might be some confusion, because there are people who render their Poser scenes in Blender, and so people might have assumed that's what you were doing when you said you were using Cycles.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@Rhia474 , @randym77 @Miss B

Poser has been using Cycles engine as the basis for it's render engine since 2015 ! It is a forked version of Cycles and they call it SuperFly .. but now CyclesX is coming to Poser for even better and faster render abilities .
CyclesX, if I'm not mistaken, is only available in Blender 3.0, which is brand new, and also "work in development" as Poser 12 is, so even though I downloaded Blender 3.0, I haven't installed it yet, so haven't played with CyclesX. Folks on a forum I visit daily are saying it's much faster, but I'd also like to see what the differences are with node setups and such. I don't do final renders in Blender, unless testing for something specific, so it being faster is nice, but not as important to me as everything else it might offer.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I'm sure it will be fantastic! Just pointing out that there might be some confusion, because there are people who render their Poser scenes in Blender, and so people might have assumed that's what you were doing when you said you were using Cycles.
Ah OK, I guess I have to change the terminology then so nobody get confused , but when CyclesX arrives in Poser, there may be no more SuperFly and we start all over again lol

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris, got a quick question. I'm asking because I was already thinking about it in regards to Poser. Are there any other ethnicities with Dawn2 included other than Caucasian? I opened up Poser today to try another ethnicity on La Femme. Thought they'd have some others like they did in the past with the G7 characters, but I couldn't find any.
Starting on page 47 of this thread, I show several ethnic face morphs. Over 10 of them I believe.

unreal

Noteworthy
I only render with Cycles in Poser 12 and Cycles nodes or with Iray in DS with MDL nodes , not using other software for rendering . The shaders are there already and ready to use not need to build anything . All you need is just to setup the values correctly or mix them together . My shaders presets are very simple since all values I have inside my textures . "Follow the book of PBR rules " and things gonna be simple for you, especially in Poser. There is no rocket science to have perfect looking materials that looks always great no matter what light you used.
I don't want to be another Poser or DS guru here , I just want to make a wonderful supporting products for D2 Family and by using them you can learn one thing or another in the process.
We will include special instructions in the documentations of Dawn 2.0 to how and when to use materials for best result, I will also include starter scene with HDRI lighting to give you a nice start, so things you buy looks exactly as in the promos.
One figure to rule them all, one figure to find them. One figure to bring them all, and using PBR, bind them.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Let start the Monday with a new render of our favorite new girl in more excotic style
Dawn2_Indian_gypsy_mec4d.net_2022_hivewire3D.com_3.jpg
Dawn 2.0 Base & Textures * adjusted under Materials , face shape by me .