• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've been working to finish up my version of a Grey Alien as a separate character morph from Dawn 2.

Getting close now. Just the feet and lower legs to go.

AlienWork5.JPG

AlienWork6.JPG

AlienWork9.JPG

AlienWork10.JPG

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Chris I would really love to get a chance to make some poses and maybe try a texture or two for this Alien. I have tried to contact you through PM and email about getting involved with development for Dawn 2.0 but have not heard back - I can only imagine how busy you must be.
I love the shape of that cranium and can think of many ideas for textures to put on it.

My one note/request for the grey, as options, would be a few hand morphs for longer fingers and/or a 3 fingered hand variant?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
@Chris I would really love to get a chance to make some poses and maybe try a texture or two for this Alien. I have tried to contact you through PM and email about getting involved with development for Dawn 2.0 but have not heard back - I can only imagine how busy you must be.
I love the shape of that cranium and can think of many ideas for textures to put on it.

My one note/request for the grey, as options, would be a few hand morphs for longer fingers and/or a 3 fingered hand variant?
I'm sorry I've missed your emails. Will have to check my trash folder I suppose.
Will be happy to have your involvement on any Dawn 2 efforts.
Waiting for last tweaks from Paul, then we can get you files to work with.

eclark1894

Visionary

For what's worth, and only if you're thinking of the E.T. alien, he had four fingers, not three.
1645276488232.png

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
For what's worth, and only if you're thinking of the E.T. alien, he had four fingers, not three.
View attachment 72612
Gray's Anatomy : The arms are described as long and thin, reaching down to the knee section. The hangers each contain four fingers, with no thumbs. Three fingers are longer than the other. Some are very long. Others are very short. No description is available of the legs and feet. Some pathologists indicate that that section of the body was not developed as we would anticipate, showing that some of these beings were adapted to life in the water. There was a webbing effect between the fingers on most of the specimens.

This one is Chris's version as he stated above , there would be probably more people that would like to make add on product for it, 3 or 12 fingers really not matter , imagination is the limit

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm sorry I've missed your emails. Will have to check my trash folder I suppose.
Will be happy to have your involvement on any Dawn 2 efforts.
Waiting for last tweaks from Paul, then we can get you files to work with.
Hey Chris, a quick addendum to my last post. IF you do decide to go with a variant morph of the hands, 3 or 4 fingers, could you make sure that you match it with the feet?

unreal

Noteworthy

eclark1894

Visionary
Isn't that 3 fingers and a thumb? o_O
Technically, the thumb is a finger.
"The thumb's anatomy and function differ slightly from the other fingers, so some people may not consider it a finger. However, as one of the five terminal members of the hand, most medical guides refer to the thumb as a finger."

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Technically, the thumb is a finger.
"The thumb's anatomy and function differ slightly from the other fingers, so some people may not consider it a finger. However, as one of the five terminal members of the hand, most medical guides refer to the thumb as a finger."
same for toes , they are actually fingers at least in any other languages I speak however the thumb is missing intermediate phalanges so anatomically different from a finger, same goes for big toe .
Thumb is a digit but technically not a finger since it only has one joint

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Isn't that 3 fingers and a thumb? o_O
In my book 3 or 4 digits are mostly for cartoon characters. And extra terrestrial with 3 or 4 digits would be too primitive and not even practical for its role as advanced species where a chimp has the most advanced hands in evolution . Neanderthals had bigger brains than humans, and got extinct .

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I was abducted by that guy!
Or girl.
I wasn't really sure. The probe was cold and without warning, so a bit distracted.

The detailing is sweet. And that's with the base resolution mesh?

I would imagine that would be frightening to be abducted.

Yes, this is the base Dawn 2 mesh that I'm pushing around.