• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
If you have a horse that goes grey (white) that had white markings (like white socks on the legs or a white stripe on the face) before going grey, if you look at the skin under the hair you can still see where the markings were.

Love the pale tips on the long hair, and also nice to see a non-dapple grey. It's on my shopping list when it's ready!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From the product page:

CWRW Siamese for the HiveWire House Cat includes 6 Siamese coats for the HiveWire House Cat. Includes 6 high res adorable and beautiful coats: Light and Dark Seal Point, Blue Point, "Crabby Kitty" and 2 Himalayan coats. Also includes 1 new eye color.​
Includes materials for Poser's Superfly and Firefly, and DAZ Studio's Iray and 3Delight.​
Requires the HiveWire House Cat​
These textures and mats also work with the HiveWire Big Cat, HiveWire Cub and HiveWire Kitten.​

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah, yes that's worth asking about. But yeah, it is in the description if one looks.

L'Adair

Enthusiast
I can't blame Miss B for not reading the description. I looked at the images and then added it to my cart. Not that I needed to see the images to make a decision—I'd buy any cat textures from CWRW, sight unseen. I was just so excited to see the new textures!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I understand the cat and the kitten share the same UVs, so that automatically means the textures can be shared between them, no matter what is said at the product page.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I understand the cat and the kitten share the same UVs, so that automatically means the textures can be shared between them, no matter what is said at the product page.
I guess I'm just a stickler for all the facts, so I ask to make sure. ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Just grabbed these lovelies !! Hoping to do some promo renders for the FF2 sets ........... sigh time ......... Lol I'm so tired sometimes when I get in from work all I want to do is sleep!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks all! Yep these textures will work on the House Cat, Kitten (ran out of time to get a kitten render done...); the Big Cat and Cub and if you are feeling adventuresome they even work on the HW Big Dog and Puppy as those also share the same UVs as Kitty. (I haven't tried them on the dogs yet myself -could be interesting! :)

For now yes one need to dial spin to make some of the shapes I used in the product imagery. A good start is reducing body bulk to get a leaner kitty and playing with the Face Smoosh morphs in reverse (negative values) to get a longer face, as well as playing with the ear morphs to make the ears longer and pointier. (Kitty has so many cool morphs one can use!!:) We're not sure when Paul can get to rigging the wonderful FBM Siamese morphs Chris has made. If there is enough demand, I could make a scene with the cat in default/zero pose using my dial spins and upload that to our free resources here. I didn't want to tie Paul up with making a character preset for it, also as especially it likely would not have worked with existing poses as I made the legs and torso longer by scaling etc/wouldn't get it through QA.

Looking forward to seeing your renders!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE

The kitten is a morph of the cat - same mesh so yes same UV's - at least thats how it works in DS.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The kitten is a morph of the cat - same mesh so yes same UV's - at least thats how it works in DS.

DS has the added advantage that a figure can have more than just one single UV map, but HW figures all use the same mesh (except for Dawn 2.0), so the UVs should work fairly well between them all.