• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Dak is correct- it is a totally free update- all HW updates of this nature are. Yes just re-download and reinstall the product if you already own it. (It's also a good idea to read the updated ReadMe as well).

Eventually ALL of my own and my HW partnered products will be updated to include Superfly and Iray MATs. Not too many more to go:) Friesian is up next so I can get my first HW Horse Wing set completed. The Friesian is the last breed morph/coat that needs to be updated and then I will get to the tack sets, which should go quickly.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
The Iray texture looks great!! The onely thing I am having a problem with is the horn. It looks like a cone on it's head and for the life of me I can't get it to twist up and look right.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Iray texture looks great!! The onely thing I am having a problem with is the horn. It looks like a cone on it's head and for the life of me I can't get it to twist up and look right.

Are you using Poser or DS? Either one- make sure to click on HW Horse->Actor or Body->Unicorn Horn to apply the horn morphs. NOT the actual Unicorn horn:) I know, it's complicated:) If in Poser it is best to use the Load All Unicorn instead of having to do all the INJs. More "bomb-proof" too:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
And now the Friesian is updated to include Iray and Superfly MATs (and yes it is a free update for those already own him- just re-download). He is the last of the breed morphs and also of my own "Harry" textures that needed the upgrade. On to Harry's Tack next.

Enjoy!

FriesianHeavens.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I will look into that. Thank you.

Edit to add: please check to see if it is available to you now.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So I decided to revisit this guy and add a lot more detail- I actually started this one way back for the DH2 before Harry was even a twinkle in Chris's eye:) He is based on a beautiful mustang mare (a BLM/Canon City one, so was in the wild originally) I met at Medicine Horse in Bouder, CO back in 2012. Back then her name was Ponyo. She was eventually was adopted by a good friend of mine/my former barefoot trimmer who retired from that and is now a horse trianer full time and very good at both:) Ponyo is now Elinor and a beautiful creamy white. But I fell in love with her young coloring. So this is where this is at- I feel I'm there/mainly need to do seams and polish all MATs.

Thought you might get a kick out of seeing the DH2 version from 2012: ( I think this was a Poser render- either that or 3DL obviously)
PonyoDH2.jpg

And now the "Harry" versions: (flat grey backdrops with totally neutral lighting are all Poser Superfly, the rest are DS iray with a simple color HDRI)

Ponyo1SF_620a.jpg

Ponyo2_SF_620b.jpg

PonyoRosySF_620c.jpg

Ponyo2IrayZen620a.jpg

Ponyo3IrayZen620e.jpg

I used the arab morph here but love them on any of the breeds.

I "previewed" an older WIP of the first coat here:
https://community.hivewire3d.com/media/western-sunset.9968/full

Anyway I guess I am asking if I should finish these up/do you like them?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
But their coloring is so different. Did she grow out of the darker gray? I had no idea horses did that.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Grey horses can start out any colour (even appy's and paints can go grey). Eventually all will go white (unless they retain a bit of colour like flea-bitten greys). They have a dominant gene that turns makes them grey (one copy of the gene and their foals have a 50/50 chance of being grey themselves or if they have 2 copies their foals will be grey as well).
A good indicator that a horse will be grey is foal with what they call "goggles" shown here as light around the eyes.
1591923263887.png

There was a foal that was an internet sensation years ago, Mystic Warrior, a Frisian/Appy cross. Everyone loved his colouring and thought he's be like that for life but I could tell he'd grey out because of the goggles (to be fair, Appy's can change majorly too, especially varnish ones).
1591923524303.png

This is what Mystic Warrior changed to (except now I think he's completely white with the only spots you see are on his skin)
1591923477516.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The darker coat looks a lot like my boy when I started riding him (he still retained a slight bay tint), he dappled out slowly more like your Dappled coat.