• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hard to believe, but it's been 12 years now since I tried making my first Mil Horse coat. It was a total disaster:) Finally in 2008 I started to get the hang of it. The warp tool in PS was a HUGE help. LOL ask our Lyne - I called and emailed her several times in total frustration- that is how we met back then:)

That's encouraging! Maybe I'll get better.

I have a canon TI rebel. Is this a good camera for this?

FL: I know a gray kitty I can get lots of pictures of if you are interested.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Janet, you sent me some but if they were sharper with some full body side views and full face views that would be great.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Taking a little break from updating my Ultra Textures 1 for Harry and doing some work on my Appy pack. Glad I took the break- I had gotten a little "stuck" on them, so had put them on the back burner for a while. Finally starting to like how the black and bay appys are looking now. Still very much WIP/still adding spots:)/haven't really started on manes, tails and fetlocks yet, but getting a lot closer.

BlackAppySunSkyIR6.jpg
BlackAppySunSkyIR5.jpg
BlackAppySunSkyIR4.jpg
BayAppy4SunSkyIR2.jpg
BayAppy4SunSkyIR3.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
WOW WOW OWOWWWWOOOWWW OH... WOW!!! look done to me... utter perfection!!

and the hooves! I know how odd the map is and to get the exact right striping of an appy hoof is just well...dare I say WOW? ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
WOW!!! Impressive. These are so beautiful Laurie. Amazing work.

And these are just WIPS? Can't wait to see the finished work then.

Love the patterns, the faces, the hooves. Gorgeous work!!!!!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Love the stripy hooves, and the visible white in the eye- and is that mottling around the mouth and chin on the black as well? You might have it on the bay too but it's not so visible with that lighting and angle, not on my monitor anyway. Once you're on to promo shots, can I request one of them to be a close-up of those kinds of Appy-specific details please?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
The grey reminds me of one of the ponies I learned to ride on. He was called Bubbles :balloon03: (the other ponies roughly that size that I recall were called Oxo and Bovril. I don't know if non-UK folks will realise that those two names were in slightly bad taste, being basically gravy and meat broth respectively). Loving the textures so far!