• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

DanaTA

Distinguished
Gee, I looked it up and still spelled it wrong. I make typos like that a lot lately. I had it right, but didn't press the y hard enough, and didn't notice it. That annoys me.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Don't feel bad Dana. I type at a rate of about 110wpm, and I often do that. It's gotten so I have to reread my posts, sometimes more than once, to make sure I've gotten everything correct, and I STILL miss a couple of typos now and then. It happens.

L'Adair

Enthusiast
Nice triptch! You should enter this in Llola Lane's render a month challenge at DAZ forums or pfdlives forums. I'm sure I've seen you at one or both. Or did you already submit one this month? I lose track.
LOL.

I created these for the challenge, but the final image will be, or so I hope, a young couple in the process of hanging the pictures on the wall of their home. I plan on submitting the final image to the PDFLives Edition of the challenge. For the Daz Edition, I'm doing something slightly less complicated. Although it won't look complicated at all. That one is nearly complete. Just waiting on the last cat image. (Big cat, from Hivewire, CWRW textures, of course.) I'll post that one in here, too, later today.

Thank you both, Dana and Miss B.

L'Adair

Enthusiast
Dana, I make typos all the time. My keyboard has always been persnickety, giving me two of some letters, and none of others. But it's gotten worse with age. And when you add that to my own proclivity for typos, which has also gotten worse with age, my posts can be a real mess. That is why I love the edit button!

I was very aware, and therefore very careful as I typed this post… Nary a typo in sight! (Knock on wood.)

DanaTA

Distinguished
I don't think I've approached 110 wpm! The last time I took one of those tests in the typing tutor software, I was around 45 wpm. But that was two decades ago!

Dana

L'Adair

Enthusiast
As promised, here's the triptych image I posted in the Daz Edition of Llola's monthly challenge…

I rendered the closeup of all three cats, then used Photoshop to create the textures for the art canvas objects. Then I rendered the three canvases together, using a plane primitive with one of Mec4d's plaster shaders, (tinted a dark green,) for the wall.

I think it turned out pretty good, thanks to having great textures to start with.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't think I've approached 110 wpm! The last time I took one of those tests in the typing tutor software, I was around 45 wpm. But that was two decades ago!
I always thought I'd slow down once I retired, but over 15 years later, and I'm still typing fast.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I always thought I'd slow down once I retired, but over 15 years later, and I'm still typing fast.

I might have gotten faster, I don't know. I just know that being a touch typist makes life a lot easier. Especially when doing programming. Of course, having auto-complete in my development environments helps, too. As I said, I haven't tested in quite a long time.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I never minded the auto-complete when programming, but in every day instances, like a word processor (Word, etc.) I find it annoying, because it doesn't always pick the actual word I want when there are several words that start with the same few letters.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The problem with autocorrect on the phones...sometimes it corrects after you've moved on, or just before you send, and if you don't notice it, you send and then look like a fool! :cautious:

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
The problem with autocorrect on the phones...sometimes it corrects after you've moved on, or just before you send, and if you don't notice it, you send and then look like a fool! :cautious:
That's exactly when I don't want autocorrect. I hate it on my cellphone. Again, I have to read the texts a few times to make sure there are no typos.

L'Adair

Enthusiast
Seems a little too quiet around here. Guess I haunt the wrong threads… Anyway, I did render using both the HW Housecat with LAMH and the Daz House Cat with "dFur". (You can see it on DA here.) And I decided to do close up of the cats. The one with the "other" cat and fur option didn't look good up close, but the HW cat, wearing CWRW calico materials looks great.

Sleeping Calico small.jpg

(You can see the full 2K pixel wide image on DA here.)

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Great renders L'Adair! LOL I am prejudiced, but I like the HW kitty with LAMH better:)

Sorry I have been MIA on my own thread LOL! I do have LOADS of stuff in the works. Just nothing right now ready for previewing:) I do have one product going to QA very very soon, but I want it to be more of a surprise so it will be in the store first.:)