• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creatures of the Night Challenge WIP Thread - CLOSED!!!

jecnodde

Admirable
Hmm I'm also thinking of geting poser 11. I still work in poser 7 :O. Things that dont work in P7, I pose in DS, then export to poser or vue, mostly vue since it have been my main render ap for years - but latly lighting in Poser makes more sense then lighting in Vue...Sight. It used to be the other way around :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad you grabbed it FL. :)

For that price jecnodde, I'd grab it too, if I didn't already have the Pro version. ;)

jecnodde

Admirable
I think I will do that :) Wonder if I should by it by smith own shop or by rendo.

Ohh and I have hard time decide if I want HW bigcat och HWhousecat :p

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Rendo is good about honoring things, but really your preference. Get them both or get one now and then put one on your Christmas list! ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not sure if you've already purchased it jecnodde, but I would purchase through SM, as those who have purchased through Renderosity are having a problem with getting their License Key to work. There have been quite a few posts on the forum from folks who can't get it to work. Some are even having problems just getting it set in the Download Manager to even download Poser 11 and the content files.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Problem with that is the downloads expire if you buy through Smith Micro...I bought both my latest editions of Poser via Rendo for that reason.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You shouldn't have a problem downloading from SM, as they have a Download Manager for that purpose. Of course, once there's a new SR out, then that's the one that will show up in the Download Manger, and not older ones.

I usually just copy all the downloads to my Downloads folder on my hard drive, and then back them up.

I've never bought any version of Poser from Renderosity. Except for PP11, I've gotten them from CP, which is SM's site. PP11 is the first version I got directly from SM, and I had to use their Download Manager for it. I skipped P10/pp2014, which is when I think they came out with it. Older versions I just downloaded directly from my account at CP.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I downloaded it from SM this time, usually go to CP to do it.
All my downloads are usually backed up to my externals and a dvd.
This time everything is being backed online as well.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
you can pay extra (I think it was approx $12) so you have up to 2 years to re-download off the SM site

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's the one thing I absolutely hate about CP's current store. They shouldn't charge to keep the downloads active. Having a 2-year limit is one thing, but charging for it just aggravates me to no end.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I might agree with you Rae, except I'd hate to think how much of a fee you'd have to pay for unlimited downloads.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahh true, but then, if I have to pay it for EVERY item I buy there, so it's still going to add up eventually.

Luckily, for me at least, I haven't gotten anything there in years that wasn't free, except Poser 7 and Poser 9. Other items I bought there were years ago, before they instituted this current store, and before a lot of vendors left the store.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
its the reason I don't shop there at all
(I just bit the bullet and bought Poser 11 Pro because of the discount from SM, because its a program I paid the extra as I figured in 2 years time it would prob need upgrading anyway, but for content I just don't see the value).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Other than the new Pauline and Paul characters, though I haven't really played with Paul, there's a lot of content. A bunch of it are included scripts and such, so they'll come in handy. As far as the objects and other Poser characters, no I've never been a fan of any of them, but you never know.

The new Construct, however, is an big upgrade from the old Ground plane I've always hated, though I've been playing with Bagginsbill's EnviroSphere instead, and like it. It's free, and SnarlyGribbly's got a new script that uses the EnviroSphere (with BB's permission). That I haven't played with yet, but want to.

jecnodde

Admirable
I didnt buy it - if I wanted to buy I was going to take money from my cats account (where I allways put money in every month and any extra cash - just to have some buffs if they need medical care) and well on thusday one of my cat had problem with her stomach again so I played it safe...friday morning, early friday morning I went on a weekend trip with my mom and sisters. So even if the cat is ok I missed to buy it. Awell, I still use Vue 6 and Painter 8 so I guess I can live with Poser 7 :p

Ohh and I totelly hate how cp have that download.