• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creatures of the Night Challenge WIP Thread - CLOSED!!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Join our "Creatures of the Night" Render Challenge!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
OK folks, the judges have spoken!!!

Our two judges, Pendraia and Lorraine told me "It was a really hard decision to make,
so in the end we looked for images that told stories, and had depth as a deciding factor."

And the winners are (drum roll please):

First Place: Skeleton Run by jecnodde
Second Place: The Cat, The Bat, The Witch and The Ghost by Rae134
Third Place: Zombie Dawn by Rae 134
Honorable Mention: Truth in the Reflection by Varnayrah

Congratulations to the winners!! :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------

To celebrate the Halloween season the end of October, show us how you would portray a Halloween scene with your Creatures of the Night!

Renders must include the following:
  • At least one HiveWire family member, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any other HiveWire figure you wish to use.
  • Please see the HiveWire Halloween Sale for inspiration for your render ideas.
Submitted Images must meet forum guidelines
  • 1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions
  • 1MB max file size for images
  • 10MB max file size for video
A maximum of 3 entries can be entered.​

You must abide by the HiveWire 3D Terms Of Service.

This thread is for chatting about the challenge, and for posting your WIP renders. You can post your images here, before you finalize your render to show us how you are doing, or to ask for guidance if you get stumped on how to accomplish something.

When you have decided your image is final post here with the words FINAL RENDER, and the Title of your render, at the beginning of the post. We will collect all final renders, assign them a number with your Title, and transfer them to the actual Contest Thread for blind judging.

No artist information will be shown in the actual contest thread, so please refrain from adding any copyright information that you may usually add to your renders.

Categories and Pr
izes

1st Place
2nd place
3rd place
Honorable Mention
This render challenge will close at midnight, Friday, November 4th, 2016 (MST).

Please post your final renders here in this thread.
Be sure to start your post with FINAL RENDER, as well as the Title of your render.

Judges: Lorraine, Pendraia

Last edited:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I have it but not used it much as I forget about it. Its a little fiddly but not too bad depending on what you are after, I all way want too much out of it lol

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Ok that at this time may be too fiddly for me...still have lots to add to my Runtime!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've also just modified the prizes, and may modify them some more, so keep an eye out on that. ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am working on a project for this contest.
Dawn will be the feature star in it.
Question: if we post our WIPs here what is to keep the judges from knowing who does what?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Generally speaking FL, whomever is doing the judging doesn't come here to the WIP thread, and won't see everyone's renders until the challenge has been closed, and the "anonymous" renders are put up elsewhere for them to view and vote on.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now that my tummy scope is out of the way and I rested a bit, back to this.
Hopefully tonight I will post a wip and in the days to follow till I get to the final version. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My first WIP:
More renders as I have other scenes in my head.
I also have other backgrounds in mind.
For one thing I want to change her dress now that I have a different one from the Egyptians.
Haven't decided on close-up or full view or both. :)

flAkasha-WIP1.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My first WIP:
More renders as I have other scenes in my head.
I also have other backgrounds in mind.
For one thing I want to change her dress now that I have a different one from the Egyptians.
Haven't decided on close-up or full view or both. :)

View attachment 16939
Can't get the clothes or headdress to work right so I'm doing something else.