• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CatsEyes for Sora

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I have fixed the nose and eyelid morphs that were accidentally affecting parts they shouldn't. I lost the legs JCMs in the process, and started making them again. One new thing I will be creating in this project that I never did before are "conditional JCMs". That is, JCMs that are only activated when a certain morph is in use. Still have to check the expressions to see if they need correction morphs. Once I am done with these changes in Poser, it will be time to carry them over to the DS version.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Finished the leg JCMs, and learned how to create conditional JCMs in Poser. It's much easier than I thought. The eye surface looks wrong in Superfly, so I will have to adjust that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I've noticed that when rendering in SuperFly, especially after I apply Snarly's EZSkin 3 for a character skin that was created before PP11 and SuperFly came out. They always look like they have a thin film over the eye. I know the settings can be changed, but I have yet to figure out exactly what settings to change, so my luck has been hit or miss.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am also trying to figure that out, but for now I am replacing the SF eye surface with a physical surface that looks like glass. Seems to work better than anything I could make with a Poser surface, but I have to keep it 90% transparent, which leaves little for highlights.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
that's pretty much what people do for Iray in DS, they hit the cornea with a glass shader and modify it from there (or leave it depending on what they want)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, PBR glass is a good start, for all we want are the reflections. The problem is when there are too many reflections, the eyes become mirrors, and we don't want that. This is what happened when I tried the FF material on SF - it becomes pure reflections and we can't see the eyes behind that anymore. Increasing transparency helps, but also kills good part of the highlights. This happens in SF but not in Octane. I need to spend more time on this, like I did with Octane. :)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
SF glass has known problem(s). Workaround for cornea is already in EzSkin3 - use Tricky Glass Cornea shader engine for this.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
BB posted this in RDNA forum IIRC. Glass is sore point in Cycles and there are more than a couple free and not free shaders for it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
BB posted this in RDNA forum IIRC. Glass is sore point in Cycles and there are more than a couple free and not free shaders for it.
I was wondering if it was BB's. Thanks.

Edited to Add: Well, I couldn't find any posts on RDNA's forum (or R'osity's forum for that matter) about this, so I did a search, and found 2 links to posts on 2 Blender forums, both of which with screenshots of very similar looking shaders for Blender's Cycles, so I have to assume it would be set up very similarly in Poser's Superfly.

We shall see.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Every rendering engine has its quirks. With Octane it's the lack Math modes, and with Cycles is this, plus the lack of a shadow catcher.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
They claim they are already working on adding a shadow catcher, and once they do, the Poser teams can have it incorporated.