• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Caisson's Products at HiveWire 3D

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
How does this perform in Studio? I mean, geometry is geometry ad all that.

It's basically textured obj files; they are built to use 1 level of subdivision (won't look good without it!). Poser uses Pixar's OpenSubDiv - I *think* that Studio has that as an option & if so the rendered surface would be identical. The textures are made using PBR Metal/Rough workflow so you get a colour, roughness & normal map (tangent space, MikkT as tangent basis) with most objects - Iray should be able to hook these up. The leaves & petals are the only objects that have slightly more complex materials as they add translucency.

The Poser render environment consists of the top half of an equirectangular panorama for the sky background, two seamless textures blended with a procedural mask for the ground, and a simple infinite light for the sun. The textures are applied to the Poser Ground which is basically a hemisphere that is mapped to take a 4:1 image, & a disc for the ground.

There isn't anything complex in the set so I can't see any particular reason it would be problematic in Studio + Iray - but as I'm unfamiliar with them I can't say for certain ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Worth considering, at any rate. I don't use Iray, but there are always shaders.

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
The 3rd part of Southern Ruins is now live ...

SR3_THUMB.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just saw it in Alisa's New Products thread. Way to go sir. ;)

Edited to Add: Bought, paid for, and downloaded in record time. :D

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Blimey! Thanks Miss B, & everyone else who has bought any of my products - your support is really appreciated!

May post a few WIP images later of things I'm working on ...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Blimey! Thanks Miss B, & everyone else who has bought any of my products - your support is really appreciated!

May post a few WIP images later of things I'm working on ...
No sir!! Thank YOU for convincing me to wait for the new products here at HiveWire, rather than trying to decide which of your products at DAZ I should get. :D

Please do post some WIPs. I'm curious to see what else you've got going for these Southern Ruins. ;)

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
I usually have a few projects going at the same time; currently working on trees -

treeA-1.jpg

(This one is all geometry so for foreground use. Need to figure out how to make low res background stuff that looks ok & renders fast next.)

Also working on terrains -

test3 ed.jpg

This is just a very early test render with some masks thrown on though, haven't started the texturing proper yet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The tree looks nice, and that terrain looks gorgeous . . . even if you haven't textured it yet. :)

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
The final part of Southern Ruins is now live in the store - along with a Value Stack for the set!

SR4_THUMB.jpg

I've been away for the last week spending time with family; now back to work & spending my free time on texturing ... more WIPs will follow in due course ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
YES!!! :D

And . . . as with parts I, II and III . . . in the cart, paid for, downloaded, and will be in my Runtime shortly. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ohhhh love that tree~! and the terrain... and I just grabbed up your Ruins # 3 & 4....so got the set now. :)

uh, what is a "Construct.obz" file that should be in geometries? My scene files keep calling for it, and then do not load anything but the stone prop... I'll give up on using the scene for now, and load items singly. (poser 2014 here)

oh oh... P2014 will NOT deal with the SubD on these props! Stray vertices shot off all over the place so I had to find which ones had it set to 1 in render mode and put to 0.... but I am determined!

wait... I CAN subD... just not the flowers... the vines, rocks, leaves...they do... I REALLY love these sets and the 'scene' I created so much....I'm THAT determined! :)

Last edited:

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
@Glitterati3D - yup, I'll see if I can do something along those lines. I have a series planned, inspired by a visit to the remnants of Sherwood Forest in the UK - nothing says gnarly like a 500 year old oak ;)

sherwood01.jpg

I took a lot of photos like this for texture sources & inspiration.

@Lyne - as @Satira Capriccio says, the Construct is specific to Poser 11. You can use the Poser Ground materials in PP2014 though - it should be possible to apply the file SR-Ground to the Ground as it's just several repeating textures. The skies can be used on bagginsbill's EnvHemisphere prop (free & available here). The subD was changed slightly from OpenSubDiv v.2 in PP2014 to v.3 in Poser 11, & the rules affecting how the vertices are smoothed at boundaries was also changed. Unfortunately I don't have PP2014 on my system anymore to test - is it just the flower props that are misbehaving?